Contribute
Register

Native OS X USB Audio Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 147711
I picked up this USB audio device for $7.99 to test- it's very nice looking, aluminum and it is fully native. Works perfectly and with good sound both mic input and headphone output. C-Media chipset. Recommended.

View attachment 147710
View attachment 147712
Sabrent Aluminum USB External Stereo Sound Adapter
Newegg

View attachment 147707View attachment 147709
View attachment 147708

Hey Tony got the exact same Adapter, bought 2, one for Speakers and one for the front to use Mic/Headset :D

1UipbOE.jpg

Thanks, Tony! I've actually gotten spoiled with my Creative Labs Recon3D USB adapter. It's much bigger than the one you suggested but it's parked at my desktop and I often forget to update my audio kexts after an upgrade because, as you noted, it's plug and play!

I bought a small audio amp through Aliexpress that has dual input (I have two computers) hooked up to a spare set of speakers...good quality sound, and best of all I don't have to worry about getting the right kext installed after upgrades and other such experiments.

OK, folks thanks for the option-click info. I've used the Griffin iMic for a long time (years) and it is actually very good, although it only has 16-bit converters... but sound always works, no matter what.

Using AudioQuest Dragonfly (v1.0) works great. I don't even bother with onboard (889).

http://www.audioquest.com/usb_digital_analog_converter/dragonfly-dac

Using Logitech Webcam is mic in (unknown USB audio device), its not officially OS X compatible, but works great (Model C270). Also have an m-audio fast track pro interface (not currently attached) for more serious mic inputs. Additionally it has a coax digital out if needed.

Screen Shot 2015-08-22 at 11.10.39 AM.jpg

Hey Guys,

I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 USB interface which works well without drivers. I'm facing only one problem. I'm using hotcorners to put the display to sleep (Display connecting via HDMI, Intel HD4600, no HDMI audio is configured)

Usually I left my computer to play some music in the background, and I put the display to sleep. It goes to sleep and whenever I want to wake it up with pressing keys or clicking with the mouse the sound starts stuttering and crackling. I tried with the onboard audio, it doesn't have this issue. No USB drivers are installed. I'm using Clover.

Does anybody else have this issue with USB Audio?

I agree that the Audioengine D1 is an excellent DAC / Headphone amp. I use mine with the Audioengine A5+ powered speakers. Very nice sounding! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back