Contribute
Register

Native DSDT/AML IDE & Compiler: MaciASL Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
macnb is not talking about the "time bomb" itself - we all are aware of its presence. He's talking about the way it "goes off". Frankly, a simple nag screen will be quite enough. Don't get this wrong, the program is really great, but this kind of program behaviour is really kind of strange.
I couldn't agree more with you. It is a nice tool, but software that deletes stuff without my consent, will not be used by me. I also don't understand that people still claim that their work is open source, when the source is nowhere to be found. That is not what open source projects are about.

Fourth beta now up (#224), running until February 8th, this fixes:
  • Rare issue where a single patch with multiple changes causes invalid ranges during offset correction
  • SSDT CPU numbering changed to a single hexadecimal digit to fix compilation errors (comments welcome)
  • Compiler summary now responds to arrow keys and other selection methods
  • Toolbar layout saving
Hi SJ_UnderWater,

I downloaded #224, but when I try selecting ACPI 5.0 MaciASL crashes (to follow ReHabMan's guide of creating ones own DSDT).
It also happens when I click the update button.
The app crashes on both my 4530s ProBook and my Core 2 Duo P5Q desktop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Biggie
Nevermind :)
I found that I could select 5.0 and click the update button when NO windows are open.

Nevermind :)
I found that I could select 5.0 and click the update button when NO windows are open.
It would help if you could tell me what it crashed on...

It's in the same post (I edited the post and replaced it by quoting myself).
"I downloaded #224, but when I try selecting ACPI 5.0 MaciASL crashes (to follow ReHabMan's guide of creating ones own DSDT).
It also happens when I click the update button.
The app crashes on both my 4530s ProBook and my Core 2 Duo P5Q desktop."

However, I found that it doesn't crash when no files are open.

I meant something concrete I could use like the crash report itself or any log entries in Console, but it doesn't matter now, I got someone else to reproduce it and have their crash report.

Fifth beta now up (#225), running until February 8th, this fixes:
  • Fixes mass-recompile crash (objc_retain) on some configurations
  • Slightly better Clover injection detection

Sixth beta now up (#226), running until February 15th, this fixes:
  • Better detection of iASL failure, especially when autosaving
  • Added Lion support

More like not even working. Neither link just worked for me with any browser..

files moved to site hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back