Contribute
Register

Name the Next macOS (10.13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Castle-mountains.jpg
View attachment 258600
Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference starts this Monday June 5th with a live keynote presentation. Among expected announcements is the next version of macOS 10.13.

If they stick to the current format, it should be nicknamed after a place or region in California. What will the next macOS be called?

10.9 Mavericks
10.10 Yosemite
10.11 El Capitan
10.12 Sierra
10.13 ??

Related:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/apples-wwdc-june-5-9-2017.215072/

View attachment 258599

Last edited:
macOS Prairie?

random fake news: they might just completely do away with whole name thing and might call it just mac os version 10.13

It will be Mojave as mentioned previously. That's where the Joshua trees grow. What is U2's biggest selling album ever ?
The Joshua Tree. What band does Tim Cook and many others at Apple like so much that they force feed their mp3 album on everybody? U2. I can just hear people all over the world pronouncing it "mo jay vee" So just to get it right from the start it is pronounced "Mo hov ee". It wouldn't be my first choice for the next macOS. Apple never listens to my ideas anyway.

2017 is the 30th anniversary of the release of that U2 CD/Album. Here's what Wikipedia says:

Frequently featured on critics' lists of the greatest records, The Joshua Tree is one of the world's best-selling albums, with over 25 million copies sold. U2 commemorated the record's 20th anniversary with a remastered re-release, and its 30th anniversary with announcements of an anniversary concert tour and reissue.

Mac_OS_X_Mojave_800homenew_thumb800.jpg

Last edited:
Mt Bromo

Attachments

• Mount Bromo Sunset Tour from Surabaya, Malang, Banyuwangi.jpg
    Mount Bromo Sunset Tour from Surabaya, Malang, Banyuwangi.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 205
Santa Rosa ! :headbang::clap:o_O:wave:

10.14 Mammoth.

most likely to skip .13 for superstitious reasons like davinci resolve did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back