HD4000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
Hi,

I was trying to get my BIOS boot from my OSX 10.10 Installation stick as it does not recognised it in the boot options. I don't know wich parameter I changed last, but when I restarted it didn't give me any information on the screen. My father had exactly the same problem two month ago and we gave it to Asus RMA. now it is not in warranty anymore. -.-
Is there a way to make a CMOS reset or flash the BIOS? On our Gigabyte desktop maoinboard we have the dual bios, is there any way to get the bios on the laptop running again?

pls help

Hi,

I was trying to get my BIOS boot from my OSX 10.10 Installation stick as it does not recognised it in the boot options. I don't know wich parameter I changed last, but when I restarted it didn't give me any information on the screen. My father had exactly the same problem two month ago and we gave it to Asus RMA. now it is not in warranty anymore. -.-
Is there a way to make a CMOS reset or flash the BIOS? On our Gigabyte desktop maoinboard we have the dual bios, is there any way to get the bios on the laptop running again?

pls help

Remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard to effect a CMOS reset.

I opened the Laptop and didn't find one. Is it maybe on the back of the MB?

I opened the Laptop and didn't find one. Is it maybe on the back of the MB?

Could be on either side. Refer to your service manual.

I will try to flash BIOS via USB Stick (it could work with some autorunning stuff), if that does not work, I'll have to remove the cooler and look on the back for the cmos battery.

I didn't even make a huge change, I just picked an option for animated boot logo -.-

I will try to flash BIOS via USB Stick (it could work with some autorunning stuff), if that does not work, I'll have to remove the cooler and look on the back for the cmos battery.

I didn't even make a huge change, I just picked an option for animated boot logo -.-

If you can't reach BIOS, it seems unlikely you'll be able to get a BIOS flash USB to boot...

Here are the instructions i found

Emergency BIOS recovery
I don't know if this is going to work on your laptop, but why not give it a try?

Here's how you do an ASUS Aptio recovery:

1. Download the correct BIOS for your model, and extract it. Copy it to FAT / FAT32 formatted USB flashdrive. I recommend using < 2GB size drive if possible.
2. Rename the BIOS file (should be like NV56VZ.213 or something when you download it from ASUS) to AMIBOOT.ROM, put it on a USB thumbdrive, insert into USB 2.0 port if you have one or USB 3..
3. Power up and press CTRL + HOME
4. The BIOS may reflash from the BIOS file on the USB thumbdrive.
5. Wait at least 7-10 min. If you have a flash drive that has an indicator LED then you'll at least know if it is working.

I found the battery on the back.
I'll inform if it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back