Graphics
Onboard HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am completely new to building a hackintosh system... :? I have a budget of around $800 and already have a mac G5 case. What system components would give me the best bang for my buck and be compatable to one another 100%.

Thanks for the advice in advance. I look forward to being able to contribute to this community!

USE the dsdt database and find a Motherboard that you want off there. Most Gigabyte Boards have the most support. Then buy Ram HDD and Video cards that are supported by Motherboard and MAC natively. Nvidia or Ati Models (check apple website and see what is selling in the new Mac pro (ensures less hacking). Read the guides and try to use the same hardware as people that allready have a 100% working system.

Thanks so much for your reply!

I hope to have something built in the next few months... I have a mac G5 and I plan to modify it to hold my hackintosh system... is there a tool that lets you cut the metal with more precision?

Dremal or 4 inch grinder with metal cut blade is what I used to make room for my radiator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back