Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So i thought i should just share my success story with regards to lion since i failed at least 7 times before i had a mystery success

Well the thing is i installed lion via upgrade which worked like a charm by following the Xmove method provided my tony and the team.

after my install i found that my sound didn't work and this is where all the issues began... i ran the multi beast 3.8 which i still believe is the cause of most of my problems coz when i ran this my perfectly booting lion froze on the PCI configuration section of the boot.

Luckily i kept my lion installer partition intact which allowed me to just reinstall the lion over the partition of my current OS fixing the files that the multi beast installation broke. then i ran the multi beast again using different methods and what do you know... it broke again. this is how i came to learn that multi beast changed something which caused my issue.

so after like 4 times i gave up on multi beast coz clearly 3.8 didn't work and my biggest mistake came next... i ran my custom beast that was made for my machine which was built for Snow Leopard which screwed up my lion installation as well as my chimera boot partition. thus i couldn't even boot into my installer partition since there is not a iboot cd released yet that works to boot lion.

Hence i had to re-install my PC from scratch... i installed snow leopard up to 10.6.7 fresh and i ran the multi beast 3.7.2 and had my system functioning fully. after that i ran the lion install created the install partition again but this time i never touched the multi beast 3.8 CD. after booting back into lion i noticed as usual my lion does not have sound.

insistent i ran the multi beast 3.7.2 with my DSDT and only sound option to be in stalled... rebooted and still no sound... so i began googling for lion based sound drivers aka realtek 889a sound. found a couple of kexts and a application called 'kext helper b7' which installs the kext for you with the commands in terminal that you need to ensure they take effect.

now between the above application and installing the kext via terminal using the same commands something worked coz at first my sound didn't work and i finally gave up after several reboots and hence the mystery.... i went to work came home thought hey at least when i boot into lion i will be able to learn whats new and all until tony releases multi beast 4 which i think will be the fix we all need. but to my amazement when i booted my PC when i got back from work my sound was alive. i now have an officially fully functional MAC OS X LION Installation.

Graphics seem to work fine although i never installed any nvidia Drivers think MB 3.7.2 did that i just installed the updated CUDA from the Nvidia Developer site.

MAC APPS Like iMovie which won't start unless graphics conditions are met are all running seamlessly...

MY SPECS ARE:
Gigabyte EX58 EXTREME
intel i7 920 2.67ghz
6 GB OCZ 1600mhz memory
500 GB HDD for OS + 12TB storage
nVidia ASUS 285GTX top Edition Card
1500 Inwin PSU
24" Acer P243W display

JUST THOUGHT That those fighting a battle to get there systems online would like to know that yes if you hang in there you will get everything right eventually. Patience and Perserverance my fellow Hackintosh users...

What you experienced may be no mystery at all :p. A common suggestion for fixing sound is to shut the computer down and unplug it for a minute or so (really all you have to do is unplug it and press the power button as if to turn it on). I suspect this may be what happened for you - shutdown, went to work, came back after the machine was off for some time and it works. Either way, as long as it works, who cares? (At least until the next reinstall).

-AC3

Yeah Possibly... I get worried thinking about the next apple update release...

Xenit said:
So i thought i should just share my success story with regards to lion since i failed at least 7 times before i had a mystery success

Well the thing is i installed lion via upgrade which worked like a charm by following the Xmove method provided my tony and the team.

after my install i found that my sound didn't work and this is where all the issues began... i ran the multi beast 3.8 which i still believe is the cause of most of my problems coz when i ran this my perfectly booting lion froze on the PCI configuration section of the boot.

Luckily i kept my lion installer partition intact which allowed me to just reinstall the lion over the partition of my current OS fixing the files that the multi beast installation broke. then i ran the multi beast again using different methods and what do you know... it broke again. this is how i came to learn that multi beast changed something which caused my issue.

so after like 4 times i gave up on multi beast coz clearly 3.8 didn't work and my biggest mistake came next... i ran my custom beast that was made for my machine which was built for Snow Leopard which screwed up my lion installation as well as my chimera boot partition. thus i couldn't even boot into my installer partition since there is not a iboot cd released yet that works to boot lion.

Hence i had to re-install my PC from scratch... i installed snow leopard up to 10.6.7 fresh and i ran the multi beast 3.7.2 and had my system functioning fully. after that i ran the lion install created the install partition again but this time i never touched the multi beast 3.8 CD. after booting back into lion i noticed as usual my lion does not have sound.

insistent i ran the multi beast 3.7.2 with my DSDT and only sound option to be in stalled... rebooted and still no sound... so i began googling for lion based sound drivers aka realtek 889a sound. found a couple of kexts and a application called 'kext helper b7' which installs the kext for you with the commands in terminal that you need to ensure they take effect.

now between the above application and installing the kext via terminal using the same commands something worked coz at first my sound didn't work and i finally gave up after several reboots and hence the mystery.... i went to work came home thought hey at least when i boot into lion i will be able to learn whats new and all until tony releases multi beast 4 which i think will be the fix we all need. but to my amazement when i booted my PC when i got back from work my sound was alive. i now have an officially fully functional MAC OS X LION Installation.

Graphics seem to work fine although i never installed any nvidia Drivers think MB 3.7.2 did that i just installed the updated CUDA from the Nvidia Developer site.

MAC APPS Like iMovie which won't start unless graphics conditions are met are all running seamlessly...

MY SPECS ARE:
Gigabyte EX58 EXTREME
intel i7 920 2.67ghz
6 GB OCZ 1600mhz memory
500 GB HDD for OS + 12TB storage
nVidia ASUS 285GTX top Edition Card
1500 Inwin PSU
24" Acer P243W display

JUST THOUGHT That those fighting a battle to get there systems online would like to know that yes if you hang in there you will get everything right eventually. Patience and Perserverance my fellow Hackintosh users...

HI I have the same instalation then you but only dif is video card 275 GTX
can you tell me the final setup of your bios I really appreciate my installer start by run for ever .thank you for your help JP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back