Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
FoxConn AT-7330
CPU
i3-3227u
Graphics
HD4000
Hi, I realise this may not appear to be a Hack specific issue, but given that SIP must be disabled and it is oh so easy to log keystrokes using PS2 kexts, and vulnerabilities in clover boot loader that I have been reading about recently I thought I should ask here.

I have an issue where a mysterious second user account. It's and exact duplicate so that if i log out from my account and log back in to this "Other" account all applications are open, browser tabs everything..... Now obviously I have done the usually trivial things in system Preferences.
No matter what I do I can not get rid of this second user.

Anyone have any idea what this is?
Am I wide open for a good digital shafting?

Cheers. GB

Hi, I realise this may not appear to be a Hack specific issue, but given that SIP must be disabled and it is oh so easy to log keystrokes using PS2 kexts, and vulnerabilities in clover boot loader that I have been reading about recently I thought I should ask here.

Well given that most PS2 kexts are open source (there are exceptions), it would be extremely difficult to code a keylogger that isn't noticed by the community.

I build all my hackintosh software components from source... That way, I know what is in them.

I have an issue where a mysterious second user account. It's and exact duplicate so that if i log out from my account and log back in to this "Other" account all applications are open, browser tabs everything..... Now obviously I have done the usually trivial things in system Preferences.
No matter what I do I can not get rid of this second user.

Never heard of that. Do a fresh install.

Well given that most PS2 kexts are open source (there are exceptions), it would be extremely difficult to code a keylogger that isn't noticed by the community.

I build all my hackintosh software components from source... That way, I know what is in them.

Never heard of that. Do a fresh install.

Good point. Clearly my reaction came before thought :rolleyes: and yes, I use your version of the PS2 kexts.
I'll do a fresh install.

Still, it's very strange indeed.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back