1. Android
My desktop is:

Intel i5 650
Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 rev 2.0 F11
8 gigs Geil DDR3 ram
Sapphire HD 5570
ps2 keyboard
usb optical mouse

Here's how I got it done. Maybe this info will help someone else out there...

Followed the TonyMac method of making an 8 gig partition on my drive and putting the installer there using Xmove. I kept my SL partition and made another for Lion installation.

I didn't remove any ram, or my graphics card which were both working fine in SL 10.6.8. I have a ps2 keyboard and USB mouse and the mouse was not functioning during the install. I used all keyboard commands to get thru it. (space bar is enter)

After rebooting, my graphics card was working, but no audio, mouse, keyboard, or network, so I hard rebooted back into SL.

I then opened /system/library/coreservices/setup assistant.app info.plist then copied the kext to my desktop and edited it (right click, show contents) with text editor and saved it back to it's original location. I deleted two lines of text so that I could proceed thru Lion setup. I deleted

<string>DeviceSelection</string>

and

<string>KeyboardTypeSelection</string>

In this way, Lion would skip the "no keyboard plugged in" prompt. Before exiting SL, I dropped two kexts into the /system/library/extensions folder of Lion. ApplePS2contoller.kext and AppleACpips2nub.kext. Even tough these two are not meant for my setup, it forced Lion to "see" my ps2 keyboard. I ran disk utility/repair permissions after this.

Ok back to Lion now, and got all the way thru initial setup using keyboard commands. Now back into SL and ran Multibeast, and pointed it to my Lion partition and dropped the DSDT on both the Lion and SL desktop, as I didnt know where it would "look" for it.:

selected:

user DSDT
System Utilities

Back into Lion, and woohoo, my usb mouse was now working, although my graphics looked weird.

Edited the info.plist in the Extras folder to set for arch=x86_64 and GraphicsEnabler=No. Video was back to normal after reboot.

To get audio working I ran multibeast from within Lion and selected HDA rollback, alc8xxx, and the 889 boxes, as I was uncertain which would work.

Next got my edimax w/lan dongle installed using a SL 10.6 pkg.

I think I would recommend that people buy a USB keyboard, or trackpad to make their installations easier than mine.

Hello

i have also a H55M-USB3 F11 and i have an i5-760
i run a sapphire HD4890
i followed tonymac's method , put the installer on another drive because my 80gig SSD cannot handle a new partition (partitioning fails, too fragmented i guess)

i boot the installer partition via Chimera but it hangs avec PCI configuration Begin and approx. 10 lines of errors

i tried with npci=0x2000 and -x- -v PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000

but no way :(
it hangs at the same place

edit: installing fakesmc on installer makes me go a little further but still hangs
any help?

It's not clear by your post, if you have an install of SL on another partition or not. If yes, try to remove the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext. This IOPlatform.kext file is located in /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins folder.

thanks.

I started all from scratch to make everything work. I would strongly advise this to those who have installation problems of OSX Lion.

I made a fresh install of SL (after cloning it to backup partition via CCC) which i upgraded to 10.6.8 (iboot , multi beast, 10.6.8 upgrade), then the Lion installer would launch and get me to install screen without a hitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back