Register

My soon to be new mackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay so this is my first build. I plan on running both Windows and MacOs on this machine. I'm not real great with this stuff but I'm modeling my build off of one of the Golden builds I seen on here. Do you guys see any issues with the below...

Motherboard and Chip/Cooling
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7

Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz Turbo)

EK-KIT P240

COUGAR 14CM CFD Blue LED Hydraulic

Graphics
Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5 PCI-E Dual HDMI / DVI-D / Dual DP OC w/ Backplate (UEFI), 100411P8GOCL

Storage and RAM
Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB SATA III 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (These will be for file storage)

SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 250GB NVMe PCI-Express 3.0 x4 (For each OS)

Ballistix Sport LT 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400

PSU
VGA SuperNOVA 850 G3

Case
Phanteks Evolv X

Fenvi FV-T919 Wireless AC1300 PCI Express Wi-Fi Adapter

I know these types of questions get asked all the time... Just curious on everyones thoughts before I take the plunge!
Thanks in advance!

Those all look like excellent choices to me. You might save a little money and get a newer product with the 970 EVO M.2 instead of the 960 EVO.

Thank you for the reply! I will most likely go with the 970 like you said. I do have a pretty basic question as this is my first time doing this... but for a dual boot system like I’m planning. Will each OS’s hd have all of that systems paricular apps/software that I download for it on there as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back