Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68 AP-D3
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K
Graphics
Zotac Nvidia GTS 450 1GB
Mac
  1. iMac
I am using Lion 10.7.4. Today I found that my sony dvd writer is not working.. I also notice that there no extension folder in my Root/Extra folder.... please help.... someone advised me to paste JMicron36xATA.kext file in extra/extentions folder.. I have made that and paste.. but no success... please help me to activate my sony optical dvd drive.....
screenshots are attached.... please help me ....... please......

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-12 at 7.47.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-12 at 7.47.07 AM.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 165
  • Screen Shot 2012-10-12 at 7.47.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-12 at 7.47.54 AM.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 107
Does your motherboard recognize it?

I am using Lion 10.7.4. Today I found that my sony dvd writer is not working.. I also notice that there no extension folder in my Root/Extra folder.... please help.... someone advised me to paste JMicron36xATA.kext file in extra/extentions folder.. I have made that and paste.. but no success... please help me to activate my sony optical dvd drive.....
screenshots are attached.... please help me ....... please......

Is your DVD drive connected to the G SATA port? Check if it is and make sure that you have AHCI mode enabled for it.

did it work before? did you install new programs/updates? If so, this may be the cause of your problems. Revert your computer to the original state before and it should work. If It always didn't work, I would recommend making sure you have it attached to a sata 3.0 port. There have been some reports of issues being caused by sata 6.0 ports. ( sata III)

Thanks dear.... Its works..

actually I forgot to change IDE to AHCI.. because my write is on SATA....

Thanks once again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back