Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD2
CPU: Core I5 750
Memory: G Skill. DDR3 1600
Hard Disk: 750 Caviar Black
Keyboard and Mouse: Logitech wave wireless keyboard and mouse.
DVD/rw: OPTIARC (I think) AND LG dvd Blue-Ray
NVIDIA 9500gt 1gb
$29.99 snow leopard 10.6 upgrade dvd

I own all these parts but the MOTHERBOARD that should be arriving tomorrow my last mobo was and ASROCK P55 pro it just stop working. I have never own a mac or use one for more than 5 min, but decide it's time to learn something new. I pic the GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD2 because I have red here alot of people having success installing snow leopard with this mobo and it was cheap.

Great hardware. What about graphics?

javimdq said:
Great hardware. What about graphics?

Just added to the original post. Thanks I didn't notice I miss that

also is there any ati 5xxx that is supported by snow leopard I want to upgrade to one of the 5xxx ati series.

If you haven't already got the UD2 possibly go for the UD4 as the audio is easier to get working in 10.6.3.

ATI 5xxx still not support afaik, I heard a rumor that new MPB's are out next week though so not sure what new support that will bring....

aph1982 said:
If you haven't already got the UD2 possibly go for the UD4 as the audio is easier to get working in 10.6.3.

ATI 5xxx still not support afaik, I heard a rumor that new MPB's are out next week though so not sure what new support that will bring....

I wish I knew this before the item should arrive tomorrow, any cheap usb card that can be intalled easy in leopard??? by the way what's MPB's?? :D

How about i7-860

4 more cores, couple extra bucks. I have one and love it.

r.

rabbit74 said:

I already have the core i5 I bought it when it first came out. I may upgrade to a i7 860 but no for a long time since the i5 works great for my needs I don't think I will need and i7 for now.

:shh: My Motheboard just arrive don't know what bios version have but should I upgrade to the latest one or to the (F8) that I see everyone have in their signature? I just gonna change the ide to ahaci mode in the bios don't know if there is something else I have to change in the bios, I'm gonna try install snow leopard with the lifehacker how to, and if I am succesfull I will try multibeast to get everything working :mrgreen:

:think: I hope to be able to be up and running by tonight since I know this is gonna be trial and error I may use my flip mino to record everything lol.

Wish me luck.

Hi,

You probably want to enable HPET for 64 bit mode.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back