Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've built a fair few computers over the years and owned a few Macs but this is the first time I've ever modded a case. I'm really pleased with the outcome, even the cable management is tidy. I've used the LaserHive backplate and motherboard tray (Very easy to use). All I need now to finish it is my front panel adapter cable from BlackCH.

Front.jpg

Side.jpg

Back.jpg

And the setup together:

vzexcMy.jpg

I've uploaded the photos directly to the site so they should work now.

Very simple and clean mod. Good job! Really digging the amount of space you have in the case, should do for some excellent air flow.

This is how i want to do mine!!! great build! what did you use?

Clean/empty case?! Man! Look at that clean desk! Nobody has a desk that clean...he must have heaped everthing over on the other side of the room for the picture. :lol:

Seriously, nice job. :thumbup: Interesting you forgo installing an optical drive. Maybe later?

Thanks for the comments guys. The motherboard tray and backplate are from LaserHive, the power supply is a Corsair CX500 put in the G5 enclosure with two 60mm Fractal Design fans wired up, the back fan is a 120mm Fractal design too.

The optical drive is on my list of to-dos, I have one waiting to go in but never actually use DVDs. I also want to put my second SSD in and mount them better, hook up some front fans and obviously get the front panel cable.

I would love to see photos or hear more info on what you did for the PSU casing.

I too am starting my build with a Lazer Hive kit, and I am wanting to keep the look as stock as possible with my G5 case. My first attempt is to try fitting a SilverStone 700w SFX PSU I just bought into the old PSU casing (Without dismantling the SilverStone PSU) and gutting the old PSU to see if it will hold it properly. According to the dimensions of the SFX PSU it should fit in there either snug or with a little room for sliding, but if I want the fan of SFX PSU to actually get room to breathe then I'm considering making holes on the bottom of the case or on the top of the casing to vent into the overall case.

Just thought i'd share my plan :p

I would love to see photos or hear more info on what you did for the PSU casing.

I too am starting my build with a Lazer Hive kit, and I am wanting to keep the look as stock as possible with my G5 case. My first attempt is to try fitting a SilverStone 700w SFX PSU I just bought into the old PSU casing (Without dismantling the SilverStone PSU) and gutting the old PSU to see if it will hold it properly. According to the dimensions of the SFX PSU it should fit in there either snug or with a little room for sliding, but if I want the fan of SFX PSU to actually get room to breathe then I'm considering making holes on the bottom of the case or on the top of the casing to vent into the overall case.

Just thought i'd share my plan :p

The original owner of this thread last posted to it 4 years ago and he is not actively participating.

You can use the search function to find details on what others have done to incorporate a PSU into a G5 Power Mac case.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back