Power:
750 Watt Modular

Cases:
Thermaltake Urban T81

Operating Systems:
OS X 10.9 + Windows 8.1
----------
Do not know if success?

Hi i have purchased this mother board: Gigabyte GA Z97X-UD7TH and cannot seem to get it working with Maverics using unibeast method.
Do you or anyone out there have the correct Bios settings for this motherboard?
I am not sure of what the basic bios settings are for this board before installing?
I am using a Intel Haswell Core i7 - 4770K 3.5GHZ 8mb LGA1150
Have a Samsung 240GB SSD and just one 8GB DDR3 1600mhz Ram module, and 650watt Powersupply
Will use on board graphics for now.

Anyone with advice or ideas on settings would be much appreciated?

Thanks.

Hi i have purchased this mother board: Gigabyte GA Z97X-UD7TH and cannot seem to get it working with Maverics using unibeast method.
Do you or anyone out there have the correct Bios settings for this motherboard?
I am not sure of what the basic bios settings are for this board before installing?
I am using a Intel Haswell Core i7 - 4770K 3.5GHZ 8mb LGA1150
Have a Samsung 240GB SSD and just one 8GB DDR3 1600mhz Ram module, and 650watt Powersupply
Will use on board graphics for now.

Anyone with advice or ideas on settings would be much appreciated?

Thanks.

First step would be to install the Thunderbolt drivers while running Windows.
See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/windows/132834-create-bootable-windows-7-pro-usb-installer-iso-image.html
if you don't have a copy of Windows to install. Check your hardware out and do some basic stress testing too.

Hey thanks for the response, I am at work at the moment but when i get home i can do that, at the risk of sounding retarded, are you meaning install windows 7 then the drivers and update system completely on one drive. Then once all is installed and all updates are done on a separate drive begin installing the unibeast of OSX MAverics? Apologies for sounding like a noob, i have had a hackintosh that i have used since 2008 a old Asus board with Intel Duo Core, so have just purchased new hardware and read a lot about it but as this motherboard is very new and different to what i am used to just want to make sure i am following the steps correctly.
Are there any Bios settings you are aware of that i need to keep an aye on?

Thanks again for your help i really appreciate it.

Hey thanks for the response, I am at work at the moment but when i get home i can do that, at the risk of sounding retarded, are you meaning install windows 7 then the drivers and update system completely on one drive. Then once all is installed and all updates are done on a separate drive begin installing the unibeast of OSX MAverics? Apologies for sounding like a noob, i have had a hackintosh that i have used since 2008 a old Asus board with Intel Duo Core, so have just purchased new hardware and read a lot about it but as this motherboard is very new and different to what i am used to just want to make sure i am following the steps correctly.
Are there any Bios settings you are aware of that i need to keep an aye on?

Thanks again for your help i really appreciate it.

You only need to install windows for the Thunderbolt drivers, not all the other ones you would
install if you were to dual boot both OS X and Windows. Here is the main thread you should
study for all the info on the UD7-TH motherboard.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...th-thunderbolt-2-0-testing-20.html#post736000

The bios settings should be almost the same as for the Z87X version of the board. Good Luck !

Awesome thanks for your help i will give it a go and post my results.

I pretty much have the EXACT same system specs, but my motherboard is a Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7.

I can't get mine to run Maverics either (without using -x).

Tell us how you get it running, once you do!

Hi there so I installed Windows 7 on one SSD and did all appropriate updates, installed all drivers and it runs very well. Once satisfied all was correct I got my second SSD and installed OSX Maverics using
Uni beast method, same situation it only boots if i use safe mode (-x) if i boot normally it slows down for a long time and nothing happens, just hangs no errors or anything, just very unresponsive.
Any advice or ideas (kexts?) would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Hi there so I installed Windows 7 on one SSD and did all appropriate updates, installed all drivers and it runs very well. Once satisfied all was correct I got my second SSD and installed OSX Maverics using
Uni beast method, same situation it only boots if i use safe mode (-x) if i boot normally it slows down for a long time and nothing happens, just hangs no errors or anything, just very unresponsive.
Any advice or ideas (kexts?) would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

I'm starting to think the problem is the Z97 chipset. I'm having the same problem with my Z97X-Ud5H setup. I'll bet you keep getting stuck at the same point I do. See my post - #18 - here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...te-ga-z97x-ud5h-i7-4770k-gtx-650-build-2.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back