Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently built Stork's My Hero II and it ran great, really great, for about a week then has slowed down. To explain, it runs well on reboot but then over a period of 10 or 15 minutes it gradulally slows, becomes less responsive to the mouse and eventually freezes. I use it mostly for Lightroom and when I drag the sliders they don't move until some number of seconds after I drag them with the mouse. Same when I type an email there is a lag from the typing to the text appearing.

I have checked the activity monitor and no process is chewing up cpu cycles or hogging memory. The boot and data drives are not anywhere near being full. What can I do to troubleshoot this?

I'm still trying to fix my problem. I now see that there are Clover messages as my computer starts to boot. I don't understand them so I took a picture of the screen and have attached. They are not always the same message so here are photos of the boot messages from two boots. Are these messages logged so I could view the log file instead of taking screen pictures? Maybe somebody can make sense of these messages for me. Thanks

Attachments

• clover_Message2.jpg
    clover_Message2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 45
  • clover_Messages.jpg
    clover_Messages.jpg
    588.1 KB · Views: 59
Darn I was hoping those were error messages that would help me diagnose my problem. I guess I have to format and reinstall High Sierra and then reload my programs. Is it possible to install HS on my Hackentosh using the old OS extended journaled instead of this new APFS? How do I do that? Should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back