Graphics
nvidia 8600GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
some body can help me to checking about my DSDT file, because after modified the dsdt file,
and install MultiBeast - Mountain Lion 5.1.3 / driver / audio / alc898 (with dsdt)
my MSI z77 can only have sound on speaker, optical port, even mic are working fine
only HDMI cannot be choose (without HDMI option) in the sound output windows

I checked my current IOReg, did not have any hda-gfx / HDAU@X,x....
That may be cause why did not have HDMI option in sound/output option

here are my spec.
mainboard - MSI z77a G65
http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z77A-GD65.html#/?div=Detail

VGA - XFX Radeon 6850
sound chip - ALC898 (but I confuse that some checking is 899 not 898)

Attachments

• chung1107_dsdt.rar
    361.1 KB · Views: 50
some body can help me to checking about my DSDT file, because after modified the dsdt file,
and install MultiBeast - Mountain Lion 5.1.3 / driver / audio / alc898 (with dsdt)
my MSI z77 can only have sound on speaker, optical port, even mic are working fine
only HDMI cannot be choose (without HDMI option) in the sound output windows

sound chip - ALC898 (but I confuse that some checking is 899 not 898)
Unless you are a dsdt expert, editing a dsdt manually is not wise. You have 2 Device (PEGP) with different addresses. It compiles and will never work. Start over with the native dsdt. Use HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit, see Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT.

Realtek uses 898 as the marketing name with device_id 899; same part.

thanks toleda

you mean I need to follow HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit GUIDE to create my own dsdt.
One more Question: Should I need to modify appleHDA.kext later?

you mean I need to follow HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit GUIDE to create my own dsdt.
One more Question: Should I need to modify appleHDA.kext later?
Guide: Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT
HDMI audio dsdt edit kit: HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit

If HDMI audio works after the dsdt edits, no AppleHDA.kext edits are required. If it doesn't work, edits are required.

Guide: Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT
HDMI audio dsdt edit kit: HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit

If HDMI audio works after the dsdt edits, no AppleHDA.kext edits are required. If it doesn't work, edits are required.

YEAH!!! thanks toledo, your HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit script is very amazing!!!
I just remove the old dsdt.aml to start ML again, and use DSDT editor extract the dsdt, then open the above patch script \ apply. In IASL\compile moment, that have many errors, I just press fix error bottom, then place new dsdt.aml to Extra\ folder and reboot.

The wonderful HDMI option appear on sound\output device, and also have sound on my TV now. Moreover, all the port e.g. internal speaker, line in/out, optical digital output...all are fine work now!!!

Thank you so much ^.^

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-08 at 11.58.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-08 at 11.58.31 PM.png
    61 KB · Views: 155
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back