X5460
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

I have managed to successfully install Sierra on my PC, and everything works fine since a few days, except my screen not being recognized properly.

Fonts are blurry and not displaying as they should, and there's no 1920x1080 screen resolution when I want to choose a different one.

hbxyo7e.png
XC0FIZV.png

I'm using the monitor via HDMI, with an nVidia GeForce GTS 450.

How to fix this issue? It really bothers me, especially that it's the only thing left to be solved :(

1080p is the correct resolution. If fonts look incorrect you could first confirm the sub-pixel layout of your display is RGB using the images on this page.

Yes, RGB looks the blackest and sharpest. Thanks for the link. What's next?

Check your monitor settings. You can turn off font smoothing in Preferences -> General, changes apply after restarting applications or logging out. Also note that font rendering in macOS may well appear blurry when compared to e.g. Windows on standard DPI displays, with shape accuracy being prioritised over sub-pixel alignment.

With font smoothing disabled, it's even worse for my eyes. I like the way fonts look, but they appear blurry for me.
What I am trying to do now, is make a few screenshots where text is present, and check the screenshots under Windows. If the same fonts look the same, then it's just the way it is.
Othen than the font issue, everything else is working well. CUDA works too.

UPDATE:

I just spot a very strange thing as I was scrolling through my Facebook feed. There's an exact spot, when an image starts shaking. If I scroll down one tiny bit, it stops shaking. If I scroll that amount back, the image is shaking again. It's literally shaking very noticeably. Kind of like the pixels don't know where to be...This could be an issue with Facebook, tho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back