i7-950
Graphics
HD 5770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I managed to update from snow leopard to Lion, everything seems to be working fine but have been having problems with getting lion to go to sleep. If I manually put my machine to sleep, it does it and am able to wake it normally, everything works on resume but the auto sleep using energy saver preferences doesn't work, monitor goes to sleep mode after set time but not the machine.
Any ideas folks?
PS using the default energy saver preferences and used to work like a charm in SL.

Mine is the same. Won't fall asleep, but the monitor does power down. Can force sleep with the menu or power button and works like a charm. Need a double click on the mouse or keyboard to get it going otherwise the monitor does't kick in and the fans spin "forever". Some complain of the double click but it doesn't bother me, it's now almost a habit. I use the Apple USB keyboard and I had problems with it in SL. Couldn't use the USB ports in it. Now my bluetooth dongle sits in it and works fine.

My problem with sleep is the drives not unmounted properly when it goes to sleep. In my case an external NTFS formatted drive which I need for the windows virtual machine that I run. In a way, falling asleep could damage my data so maybe it's a blessing. I don't know if the DSDT can be edited to correct that problem.

Purely for the conservation of energy, I would like to get it to work.

i gave up on the sleep issue and just installed sleepenabler.kext

now everything is back to being peachy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back