CPU
I7-3770
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good afternoon, I tell you about my journey with Big Sur. When Public Beta 6 came out, I tried to install Big Sur with Opencore 0.6.3, prepare the EFI folder with the necessary programs, according to my processor.
Everything was perfect, audio, wifi, Ethernet, USB, etc. I did the test on a 500GB HDD at 7200 RPM for testing. I was updating all the Public Betas without problem, until the final version, and it was updated. I tried to update from my Catalina 10.15.7 with Clover Release v5.1 r5126, and it failed. I could not boot and had to boot with the Catalina installation usb created with UniBeast, reinstalling the version of clover that comes with UniBeast for Catalina . I was able to reboot from the hard drive, but the boot became very slow. Willing to damage everything and reinstall from scratch, I first tried…., I opened the EFI partition from Clover Configurator, And drag the EFI folder of Catalina to the trash, and instead load the EFI folder that I had created for Bit Sur Public Beta, modify the config.plist with the same parameters that I have in Catalina, iMac 18.2, copy the serial number that I had in Catalina and added it to the config.plist with Opencore Configurator, save changes and reboot. I start without problems and veryyyy fast. I upgraded to Big Sur from Catalina, and here I am enjoying Big Sur without any problem. I only had to log back into iCloud after changing the EFI folder, and I keep my serial number.
Ivy Bridge i7 3770
GA-Z77P-D3
16GB DDR3 1600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB
Samsung SSD 250GB

Last edited:
Good afternoon, I tell you about my journey with Big Sur. When Public Beta 6 came out, I tried to install Big Sur with Opencore 0.6.3, prepare the EFI folder with the necessary programs, according to my processor.
Everything was perfect, audio, wifi, Ethernet, USB, etc. I did the test on a 500GB HDD at 7200 RPM for testing. I was updating all the Public Betas without problem, until the final version, and it was updated. I tried to update from my Catalina 10.15.7 with Clover Release v5.1 r5126, and it failed. I could not boot and had to boot with the Catalina installation usb created with UniBeast, reinstalling the version of clover that comes with UniBeast for Catalina . I was able to reboot from the hard drive, but the boot became very slow. Willing to damage everything and reinstall from scratch, I first tried…., I opened the EFI partition from Clover Configurator, And drag the EFI folder of Catalina to the trash, and instead load the EFI folder that I had created for Bit Sur Public Beta, modify the config.plist with the same parameters that I have in Catalina, iMac 18.2, copy the serial number that I had in Catalina and added it to the config.plist with Opencore Configurator, save changes and reboot. I start without problems and veryyyy fast. I upgraded to Big Sur from Catalina, and here I am enjoying Big Sur without any problem. I only had to log back into iCloud after changing the EFI folder, and I keep my serial number.
Ivy Bridge i7 3770
GA-Z77P-D3
16GB DDR3 1600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB
Samsung SSD 250GB
You did a really good job getting this to work, I have the same Motherboard could you please share the EFI folder, thank you very much snop4

You did a really good job getting this to work, I have the same Motherboard could you please share the EFI folder, thank you very much snop4

I'm very sorry but my EFI folder has everything related to my computer, and it is registered with my apple ID.They could block us both if you register it too.
I'm sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back