Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Cool, updated to F11 bios and my iPad now charges from the front and rear USB ports.
Showed Not Charging prior to update. Apple says it does actually charge when in sleep mode though.

thundermustard said:
Cool, updated to F11 bios and my iPad now charges from the front and rear USB ports.
Showed Not Charging prior to update. Apple says it does actually charge when in sleep mode though.

I have the same Bios version and MB. My Ipad still shows "not charging".
Any directions? Maybe voltage settings or DSDT?

Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply.
I am using a the stock DSDT from Tony.
When I boot to my Windows drive is does not charge so it must be something in SL that is allowing it.

I have the same board and BIOS, using tonymac's DSDT. My iPad also charges from USB.

javimdq said:
thundermustard said:

I have the same Bios version and MB. My Ipad still shows "not charging".
Any directions? Maybe voltage settings or DSDT?

Thanks!

I have the same motherboard and after installing F11, I went to this page and installed the ON/OFF driver. Now charges fine. Good luck!

http://www.gigabyte.com/microsite/185/on-off-charge.htm

Mine still does not work :banghead:

Tried different USB cables and in all USB ports with everything but the keyboard disconnected. No way.

Gigabyte's on/off drivers are for windows only, of course, I need this under OSX.

Maybe a power supply (500W?) issue?
What options did you use in Multibeast?

HEEEELP :banghead:

I'm trying to get mine to charge also. It does charge in win7 on my x58a-ud5 board but not in SL.

The iPad doesn't says that its charging but it does anyway. A bit slow perhaps but it is charging. At least that was how it was for me

The ipad has always charged with the screen off, very slowly, it should charge normally if we could start the Gigabyte on off switch.

Anyone have any idea?

Is probably a DSDT thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back