i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I just did a fresh install of High Sierra. Everything works fine but my WD 1TB internal hard drive is being ejected after waking from sleep. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

My specs are
Intel 6700
GA h170n-wifi
GTX 1080

Cheers,
Idan

oh man new update. it ejects the hard drive even if not sleeping. After a while of inactivity it ejects by itself

Ive isolated my High Sierra problems to my internal 1TB WD Hard Drive. When I unplug the hard drive i dont get anymore crashes. Has anyone had this issue?

Ive isolated my High Sierra problems to my internal 1TB WD Hard Drive. When I unplug the hard drive i dont get anymore crashes. Has anyone had this issue?

Are you using the internal drives icon patch?

No I'm not. Should I be?

Go to top tool bar and select Finder then go to Preferences and scroll to Hard Disks and check the box. All your drives will appear on the desktop. Are they silver/grey or yellow? If they are yellow then are being read as external drives. There is an external to internal icons patch to fix that. It may solve the issue.

Go to top tool bar and select Finder then go to Preferences and scroll to Hard Disks and check the box. All your drives will appear on the desktop. Are they silver/grey or yellow? If they are yellow then are being read as external drives. There is an external to internal icons patch to fix that. It may solve the issue.

The internal HDD is in silver/grey and not the yellow external icon. It is connected to the SATA port. I can run a clone of Sierra from it with no issues. Only when I run High Sierra it will cause my system to crash eventually.

Some info on the Hard Drive. There are 3 partitions.

1 partition contains a copy of a bootable Sierra OS HFS+J
1 partition is Storage HFS+J
1 partition is Storage NTFS

Last edited:
Probably just going to reformat the hard drive and see what happens

Formatting them did not work. For some reason the hard drive performs really sluggish. When I click on it on Finder it takes a few minutes to show the contents of the drive.

After few minutes trying to sync my google drive to the internal HDD it just ejects itself automatically.

Anyone got any ideas or solutions? Am I missing a kext here?

Formatting them did not work. For some reason the hard drive performs really sluggish. When I click on it on Finder it takes a few minutes to show the contents of the drive.

After few minutes trying to sync my google drive to the internal HDD it just ejects itself automatically.

Anyone got any ideas or solutions? Am I missing a kext here?

Maybe some Drivers64efi stuff. Check out clover configurator maybe adding some drivers for the NTFS support. Grub drivers?

Most folks use separate drives for OS X and windows. That may be the issue. It can be done with both on one drive you should check out dual boot threads with one drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back