Contribute
Register

My Hardware works great on SL!... but it fails on Lion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus G74SX
CPU
Intel Core i7
Graphics
GTXM 560M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!...

Well, i have an H55M-E33 Motherboard with a intel core i3 proccessor.

It works just fine with snow leopard, 10.6.8, i ve used the next configuration on multibeast:

It works great other then the sleep. I did the Iboot+Multibeast guide. Started with SL 10.6.3 retail. Then did 10.6.8 combo update. Installed the Easybeast, system utilities IOPCIFAMILY Fix, IOUSBFAMILY Rollback, the voodooHDA and the Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx ethernet. Just in case anyone else had a similiar setup. Other then that only thing changed in bios is the sata to ahci.

as i said again, it works ok. but i need to upgrade to Lion (damn xcode...)

i installed Lion using the guide i found here and using Xmove. It works and i do get Lion installed on my Snow Leopard partition. As Easybeast is already installed on Snow Leopard, i start Lion directly from my hard drive... and....

Well, the graphics works fine, and i still have LAN. The problem is i dont have sound anymore. The problem is that if i try to install vodooHDA again i start getting KP at boot. also, a very weird problem: im always getting KP's at boot. If i boot just normal, its almost sure im going to get a KP. if i boot on verbose, it boots just fine!! @_@....

I ve already fixed permissions with no luck.

Well!, i fixed it just a seconds ago. i ve already booted osx like 5 times in a row without KP's or problemas. Audio, Network and Graphics working (usb too).

The problem from what i could figure out, was the Multibeast version i was using. I Was using the Multibeast Lion Version (Hey dont blame me, i was installing lion, i saw lion version.... lol) and well... i used the Snow Leopard version... I installed EasyBeast and VoodooHDA version 0.2.7.2. and it worked! :'D.

egemdark said:
Well!, i fixed it just a seconds ago. i ve already booted osx like 5 times in a row without KP's or problemas. Audio, Network and Graphics working (usb too).

The problem from what i could figure out, was the Multibeast version i was using. I Was using the Multibeast Lion Version (Hey dont blame me, i was installing lion, i saw lion version.... lol) and well... i used the Snow Leopard version... I installed EasyBeast and VoodooHDA version 0.2.7.2. and it worked! :'D.

I had kernel panics with VoodooHDA too and used "ALC8xxHDA" and "ALC889 HDAEnabler" from MultiBeast Lion. Works fine!

I have also documented my Lion-Installation here, if you're interested:
http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.7.2#MSI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back