Contribute
Register

My hackintosh won't boot after a power cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z270f
CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
GTX 1080 FTW2
So basically the hackintosh is not booting up after my mother thought the PC was off and pulled the plug resulting in immediate power fail. I was super angry at my mother but controled my emotions and tried to boot it again and then I was presented with a error.
The screenshot I've uploaded is someoness else but I have the exact same screen except that the third line in the screenshot is only shown once in my error. All my xcode files were in there and I really don't have the time or the patience to reinstall hackintosh as I'm in 12th grade. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180520-221341.png
    Screenshot_20180520-221341.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 156
Pick any that apply:
  • Restore from your backup.
  • Boot from your install usb-stick, and if the disk mounts, copy your important files elsewhere and start over.
  • Try to find whatever has been corrupted and reset that. It could anything from kextcache, to pretty much any random file on the main volume or EFI-partition. Who knows, maybe replacing apfs.efi with a new one does the trick?
  • You can't be sure that the problem started during/after the power failure, you just know that you noticed it at that point. Consider that maybe something happened before it was shutdown accidentally. This is more likely if you typically never turned it off in the first place.

Pick any that apply:
  • Restore from your backup.
  • Boot from your install usb-stick, and if the disk mounts, copy your important files elsewhere and start over.
  • Try to find whatever has been corrupted and reset that. It could anything from kextcache, to pretty much any random file on the main volume or EFI-partition. Who knows, maybe replacing apfs.efi with a new one does the trick?
  • You can't be sure that the problem started during/after the power failure, you just know that you noticed it at that point. Consider that maybe something happened before it was shutdown accidentally. This is more likely if you typically never turned it off in the first place.
I wasn't playing around with setting that would've messed up the os before the power failure. I'm sure its becoz of the power failure cuase why wouldn't it be . The system was running I was coding some thing in xcode and my mother pulled the plug while it was running . The power failure must've corrupt something andi don't wanna start over becoz it's a painful and time consuming process my summer vacation ends in 10 days and I got stuff to do.

Anyways I'll make a bootable pendrive cause i formated the one I installed it from and try to boot it from that thanks for the advice.

I wasn't playing around with setting that would've messed up the os before the power failure. I'm sure its becoz of the power failure cuase why wouldn't it be . The system was running I was coding some thing in xcode and my mother pulled the plug while it was running . The power failure must've corrupt something andi don't wanna start over becoz it's a painful and time consuming process my summer vacation ends in 10 days and I got stuff to do.
Power spikes/interruptions are notorious for corrupting the CMOS settings including those that are inaccessible from the BIOS settings menu, you might try a CMOS reset.
Note that a reset will restore settings to defaults (not even optimised defaults) and you must make any changes that you made when you originally installed the OS.

Attach your config.plist.

Power spikes/interruptions are notorious for corrupting the CMOS settings including those that are inaccessible from the BIOS settings menu, you might try a CMOS reset.
Note that a reset will restore settings to defaults (not even optimised defaults) and you must make any changes that you made when you originally installed the OS.

Attach your config.plist.
Yeh I thought that too. Cool I'll try that and then report. I'm gonna give the config.list after that cause I managed to mount the doned into windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back