Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Thank you so much for all of your Overview screenshots. They have been very helpful in determining compatibility.

My Hackintosh is in desperate need of a few very large upgrades, but I would like to be sure that the upgrades I want to make will be compatible with the latest OS (Monterey).

1. I would be very happy to finally swap out my GTX with a Radeon RX 5700 XT, Radeon RX 6800 XT, or Radeon RX 6900 XT. Look like a few of you already have these. Has anyone experienced any GPU problems, with them?

2. I would really like to convert my boot drive into an M.2 Samsung NVMe (Currently a Samsung sata SSD). A 970Evo, 970EvoPlus, 970Pro or 980Pro at the 1tb level all interest me. Are any or all of these compatible?

Thank you so sincerely.
Cat

Last edited:
Thank you so much for all of your Overview screenshots. They have been very helpful in determining compatibility.

My Hackintosh is in desperate need of a few very large upgrades, but I would like to be sure that the upgrades I want to make will be compatible with the latest OS.

1. I would be very happy to finally swap out my GTX with a Radeon RX 5700 XT, Radeon RX 6800 XT, or Radeon RX 6900 XT. Look like a few of you already have these. Has anyone experienced any GPU problems, with them?

2. I would really like to convert my boot drive into an M.2 Samsung NVMe (Currently a Samsung sata SSD). A 970Evo, 970EvoPlus, 970Pro or 980Pro at the 1tb level all interest me. Are any or all of these compatible?

Thank you so sincerely.
Cat
(1) The RX 5700 XT is supported on MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 and later, and the RX 6800 XT and RX 6900 XT are supported on MacOS Big Sur 11.4 and later. As long as you run the correct version of MacOS with them you should be fine. These cards should also be supported on the just released MacOS Monterey 12.0.1.

(2) Yes, they should all be compatible. Initially the 970 EVO Plus had firmware problems but the problem has been resolved.

Assuming you have been running High Sierra (by your choice of the GTX 1080) you will have to upgrade MacOS in order to use these graphics cards.

Thank you for the information. I am indeed still stuck on the ancient High Sierra, because of my GPU and the inaccessibility of AMD's, right now. Hoping to finally get one in the next few months, though, and would like to do a fresh install on one of the M.2 NVMe's I mentioned.

What OS version was the 970 EVO Plus firmware issue resolved for, if you know? I would be interested to make the transition now, if possible, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if High Sierra still didn't support it. I tried finding information on it in the other forums and threads, but had a lot of trouble finding anything at all.

Goodness, if only I had known that Apple were going to severe their relationship with NVidia, before I built this thing.. Sigh..

Last edited:
If you're not set on Samsung SSDs, Toshiba/Kioxia XG5 and XG6 M.2 drives work natively and flawlessly with High Sierra and later.

If you're not set on Samsung SSDs, Toshiba/Kioxia XG5 and XG6 M.2 drives work natively and flawlessly with High Sierra and later.
Thanks for the rec's, bro! -^^-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back