Contribute
Register

My hackintosh doesn't turn off properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte B75M-D3H
CPU
i5-3330
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I finally installed Yosemite DSDT free... Everything works but when I click shut down, restart, or sleep... Everything shuts down except my powersupply and the fans... Because of that I have to hold down the power button everytime... I have it dual booted Windows 7 and that shuts down fine. My motherboard doesn't have that "wake on lan" and I cannot delete the USB WiFi kext because I'm using a USB dongle for the Internet. (it works when that file is deleted). I also have a DLINK DWA 5xx something pci express wireless adapter but u never had luck with that before... I can try that if you can help

Thanks.

I finally installed Yosemite DSDT free... Everything works but when I click shut down, restart, or sleep... Everything shuts down except my powersupply and the fans... Because of that I have to hold down the power button everytime... I have it dual booted Windows 7 and that shuts down fine. My motherboard doesn't have that "wake on lan" and I cannot delete the USB WiFi kext because I'm using a USB dongle for the Internet. (it works when that file is deleted). I also have a DLINK DWA 5xx something pci express wireless adapter but u never had luck with that before... I can try that if you can help

Thanks.

@FFKH,

Whilst it possible to install OS X on a number of motherboards without using a DSDT, it is highly recommended by most mods & devs on this site to generate and patch a DSDT in order to gain maximum hardware compatibility especially concerning power management and USB support.

It's not that difficult these days and should solve your issue. There are many excellent guides on this site and most of the patches you need should be available in MaciASL repos ...

You may be able to use Clover to automatically patch your native DSDT on the fly at boot-time without having to manually edit/patch your DSDT.

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back