Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Chosen parts should get you a good working system. If you paln to dual boot suggest you get a SSD for each OS rather than installing on same drive. Saves you :banghead: when it comes time to update/upgrade your OS.
Recommend getting your RAM as a 32GB kit rather than 16 now and 16 later.

couldn't i just get a 250gb and partition it? what's the experience doing it with 2 ssds?

Yes you can "just" partition it. However the chances of screwing things up is significantly higher. Given the cost of SSD's is so low, two SSD's make life so much easier. I've only screwed it up once, sadly I screwed up my Windows partition and lost a mass of stuff plus Battlefield 4. Took a massive amount of downloading as i have only Mac backups as Windows is just for games.

If you want to reduce risk, get two SSD's and make life easy for yourself.

Rob

Yes you can "just" partition it. However the chances of screwing things up is significantly higher. Given the cost of SSD's is so low, two SSD's make life so much easier. I've only screwed it up once, sadly I screwed up my Windows partition and lost a mass of stuff plus Battlefield 4. Took a massive amount of downloading as i have only Mac backups as Windows is just for games.

If you want to reduce risk, get two SSD's and make life easy for yourself.

Rob
Rob, start doing system images of your Windows drive to an external drive on a monthly basis, especially after updates and installing new apps. It does not take all that long to do and is good insurance against loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back