I7 8700k
Graphics
UHD630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi every body,
I want to use my hack as a small server so I use "wake on ethernet activity" option and I share one of my hard drive. I use "pleasesleep" kext for sleep/wake managing.
Every works well but my hack wakes up every 30 sec. to 1 minute.
I have 2 macbooks and a synology 210j NAS on the network. When I remove the ethernet cable from my hack or when I switch of the macbooks and the NAS, my hack sleeps like a baby. If I switch on the macbooks and the NAS I don't have any problem until I don't use the shared drive and I don't go to the NAS with the Hack. But if I connect one of the macbook or the NAS with my hack ... it cannot sleep anymore. :crazy:
The "console" says me that the system wake up because of an ethernet activity.
I suppose that I made a error in the configuration of my network parameters.
Any idea ?
THKS :)
PS.: I use an ethernet card based on 8169. I use the native 8169 kext of SL 10.6.8.

You answered yourself already: The "console" says me that the system wake up because of an ethernet activity
The question is what parameter was used in the Wake On LAN..and what Ethernet package triggered the machine to wake...that you have to research.

Yes ... but how?
sorry for this stupid question but I have not found the way to identify witch device wakes my mac by ethernet. I suppose this information is stored in one of the secret .log files, or is available in a "geek" application ...
But I have not found where and how I can get it ! :?
thks
Phil

Hy,
I installed whireshark ... it gave me a lot of informations that I do not understand :oops: ... and the mystery wake up stopped alone :crazy: o_O

I could say that I'm the best ;) but in fact I just don't understand anything :lolno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back