i7-3930K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!!
My build, that was working fine till a couple of days ago, seems not to be able to read usd thumbs formatted in ms-dos mode.
The only thumb working (and the only one displayed in finder) is formatted as "mac os journaled".
All thumbs are visible in disk utility, but partition name is grey and activation fails also after using s.o.s.
the are all working only if i format them as "macOS Journaled"...

i tried to activate them all but disk utility suggests me to try with sos again, but the result is always the same: disk "xxxxx" cannot be started (literal translation tom italian, i hope it's comprehensible!) :banghead:
I have a macbook pro with lion and all thumbs are workin' fine :banghead:
my build:
i7 3930k
gb x79s up5
32 gb ram
nvidia geforce gtx 770
ssd disk 256 GB

(all usb working perfectly with other devices, mouse, keyb, printer)

I have the same problem. Did you manage to fix this? I just picked up a new build

mobo: GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU: i7 4770
GPU EVGA GeForce 660

no.. i have osx 10.8.4 and you?
i don't understand what could be happened, i only installed office, final cut, logic and ut*****t..
did you notice if it happened after some sw install?
:?::?::crazy::banghead:
:ch::ch::ch::ch:
:beachball: :beachball: :beachball:
headbanging powered hack :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this too. Any FAT32 drive is not recognised. Not only USB thumbs, also HD's.

I gave up and reinstalled a backup that i had before i updated to 10.8.5. That upgrade was not the cause for it i believe, i was messing around with a USB storage devices kext to make a MacBookAir superdrive work.

I updated to 10.8.5 again with and FAT32's are seen now.

no.. i have osx 10.8.4 and you?
i don't understand what could be happened, i only installed office, final cut, logic and ut*****t..
did you notice if it happened after some sw install?
:?::?::crazy::banghead:
:ch::ch::ch::ch:
:beachball: :beachball: :beachball:
headbanging powered hack :mrgreen:

I managed to solve this. I guess i was off by one day when i was creating my USB thumb drive to install 10.8.5. The following day a new Unibeast was released and by remaking my thumb drive with the new version of unibeast the Exfat drives were now mountable. Grab a new copy of unibeast start over and reinstall. Worked for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back