Contribute
Register

My GT 710 GDDR5 Graphics Card Doesn't Work with Big Sur - Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z390-P
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. Mac mini
I decided to try Big Sur. I think my Nvidia doesn't work for macOS. My Nvidia is GT 710 GDDR 5.
My motherboard is ASUS PRIME Z390-P, i9-9900 CPU.
What graphics card is good for hackintosh for my PC?
I'm looking forward to everyone's support. I'm new to hackintosh. Please help me!
Thanks!

I decided to try Big Sur. I think my Nvidia doesn't work for macOS. My Nvidia is GT 710 GDDR 5.
I'm looking forward to everyone's support. I'm new to hackintosh. Please help me!
Thanks!

The GDDR5 version of the GT710 apparently has problems with MacOS so it is no wonder yours do not work properly.

The DDR3 version of the GT710 should work, however.

If your budget allows you can also consider supported AMD cards like the RX 570 / RX 580.

gddr5 work with me in Big Sur OOB

Thanks!
Hi i have also asus gt 710 ddr5 but i never installed mac os in my pc so did yu installed catalina or other older version of mac ? Please Help

Hi i have also asus gt 710 ddr5 but i never installed mac os in my pc so did yu installed catalina or other older version of mac ? Please Help
I have tried this model: Gigabyte GeForce GT 710 Silent 2GB GDDR5.
Although it has DDR5 memory it works well in Big Sur. Graphics acceleration, usual programs run smoothly and it is natively supported by macOS, without touching anything in config.plist.
The only bug that I have detected is that, when playing a video with VLC, the app gets stuck and you have to close it from Force Quit. It is possible that this failure has to do with DDR5 memory instead of DDR3 but I cannot be sure.

Thanks!
its support.. u cn install bigsur with 710 GC

I have tried this model: Gigabyte GeForce GT 710 Silent 2GB GDDR5.
Although it has DDR5 memory it works well in Big Sur. Graphics acceleration, usual programs run smoothly and it is natively supported by macOS, without touching anything in config.plist.
The only bug that I have detected is that, when playing a video with VLC, the app gets stuck and you have to close it from Force Quit. It is possible that this failure has to do with DDR5 memory instead of DDR3 but I cannot be sure.
if the VLC gets stuck, most likely it is audio problem, the app cannot find the audio device to playback the video, not the graphics card issue, check your audio settings

if the VLC gets stuck, most likely it is audio problem, the app cannot find the audio device to playback the video, not the graphics card issue, check your audio settings
I’ll try it, thanks. Now I don't have this card.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back