Contribute
Register

My GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 ~ i5 2500K ~ Radeon 6870 ~ 4.5GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catbert6 said:

Oh man, I'm gonna have to upgrade to a 2600K... That's nice!

Just mess with the voltages until you get it nice and stable.

As far as monitoring, I use CoreTemp for temps. My GeekBench reads it running @ 4.5GHz. I'm not sure why yours isn't. Are you running a trial GeekBench 32bit or the actual 64bit?

Catbert6 said:
...I would like advice on how you did the overclock - what were the settings you varied, other than the multiplier - I simply adjusted the multiplier and could not boot - I assume it is a voltage thing? I am getting 12766 at 3.4 ghz (attachment) - would not mind bumping it up a little more :D

The reason why you are having boot issues (with the cmos) has to do with the os going to sleep. it also decreases gpu performance ( when come back from sleep)

RyanGSXR said:
I'm not sure why yours isn't. Are you running a trial GeekBench 32bit or the actual 64bit?

Running the full 64 bit (actually paid for!). The updated version reports it the same way, despite the overclock

lenn0x said:
The reason why you are having boot issues (with the cmos) has to do with the os going to sleep. it also decreases gpu performance ( when come back from sleep)

Thanks - I will keep an eye out for any decreased GPU performance coming back from sleep - I had not noticed this - any suggestions for a resolution, other than turning off sleep?

RyanGSXR said:
Catbert6 said:

Oh man, I'm gonna have to upgrade to a 2600K... That's nice!

Just mess with the voltages until you get it nice and stable.

As far as monitoring, I use CoreTemp for temps. My GeekBench reads it running @ 4.5GHz. I'm not sure why yours isn't. Are you running a trial GeekBench 32bit or the actual 64bit?

Sorry to report a couple of KPs this evening while playing WOW :( . Have wound the settings back to normal (3.4 ghz, giving @12700 on geekbench) to see whether that is more stable. CPU temps were getting up toward 50C - I thought that was OK. Might have to check for some further possible options on tweaking voltages etc.

Catbert6 said:
Sorry to report a couple of KPs this evening while playing WOW :( . Have wound the settings back to normal (3.4 ghz, giving @12700 on geekbench) to see whether that is more stable. CPU temps were getting up toward 50C - I thought that was OK. Might have to check for some further possible options on tweaking voltages etc.

I wouldn't think you would have to back it off that far. I really think you'd get the most stability if you donated to the CustomBeast project on here. My problems have vanished since I got my custom installer from these guys. They really know what's up. :thumbup:

Donate, save your file after you get it, do a fresh install, and run CustomBeast over that new OS. Run voltages and multiplier back up and I'll bet you'll be good to go. :cool:

RyanGSXR said:
First off I would like to thank all the Regs on here who actually do all the hard work in which helped me get this system up and running. I may have not had any direct contact, but I greatly appreciate the guidance. You know who you are... :thumbup:
I am dual booting Windows 7 & OSx Lion on my 120gb SSD split right down the middle with Chimera and Chameleon. I HIGHLY recommend you run your OS' off of a SSD SATA III! It makes installs and operation SO much faster.

hey,
another question,
how did you install lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back