Contribute
Register

My GA-X58-USB3 i7-930 w/ ssd boot drive build

Status
Not open for further replies.
woot! i ended up reading this post "ALC 892 (2out, 1 in) for 10.6". struggled a bit to understand what i should do and finally all audio ports are working. this is one wonderful forum.

vallabhc said:
i just built my first hacintosh today. :headbang: it started off scary but with all the help online it went relatively easy. @Dooglas, your post was very helpful as i used x58-usb3 as well. i got pretty much everything working except the audio. i read that you had the same problem earlier. but did you get to fix it. if yes, could you please help me out?
i tried voodoohda. on restart volume shows 100% but none of the audio outs work on the system.
Thanks.

I have sort of fixed the problem. I have two hacintosh systems. One for my home theater and one for actual computing. Both(different MoBos and Chipsets) had the same audio issue when I tried to use the onboard audio. The solution that I am currently using is cheating. I have a high end USB DA converter that I am using in my theater. On my big main computer (the one in this post) I am currently using a bluetooth headset. I have ordered a cheap usb sound unit for the main computer. It was onsale with free shipping for $3. It is strange that the sound worked on both computers using OS 10.6.3. After doing the update to 10.6.5 no more sound. I see that you have posted that you have it working. I will have to read the post you mentioned!

I have the same exact issue with Safari please let me know if you find a solution. I started using firefox it seems to be running better.

Dooglas said:
edwardo said:
I wonder why you are not having the Fermi Freeze issue!!! it must be the different motherboard! I have3 a X58A-UD3R.

cheers

The only freeze up I get seems to be a java run time error that locks up Safari. It only happens once or twice a week. No biggie. I happens most often when the page contains embedded DirectX graphics. I will need to double check to see which version of DirectX is loaded on my system. The freeze up sometimes progresses beyond Safari and stops everything. But, it starts with just Safari. I have been Reseting Safari when this happens and the problem vanishes until I hit the right combination. What the combination is I have not noticed yet. Once everything is cleared I have revisited the same pages and they load fine. I will play some more.

I do not leave my computers on 24/7. During the work week I turn them off while I am at work. Then they are on until I go to work the next day. When I am off they are on. I currently am using an HP LP3065 monitor at full resolution with this system. (2560x1600) I have had it connected to an old Sony E500 while I was experimenting with settings and procedures.

My Media system has the 220 card connected to a 1080p projection system. I have not had any trouble with it.

Update: After some more playing I found that I can repeat the freeze by going to a web page with an imbedded Utube video. Clicking on the video freezes Safari. When I force Safari to quit, there is a Flash Player process still running at 100%. When I try to stop that process the computer freezes.

I have installed the little cheapo usb audio stick in system. It worked fine. Only after I disabled the USB 3.0 in the firmware. No big deal at the moment as I have no USB 3.0 devices.

The trouble I was having with the browser freezing up seems to be related to the fact that I had no available sound card for the system. Since I added an audio device, no more freezeups. If the web page content required sound and there was no audio device, the computer would freeze.

One last comment here. When the 10.6.6 update downloaded, I needed to re-run the nvidea patch and run the system utilities in multibeast. Then all was well in hackintosh land. My smaller i3 based media system had no trouble at all with the 10.6.6 update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back