Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i3-3225
Graphics
GT 640
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't have access to a mac so i will be installing Snow Leopard on a new Hackintosh i am building this weekend with a Core I3-3225 processor with a Gigabyte Z77-Ds3h using a 3 TB Seagate barracuda 7200RPM drive. My question is I am looking at the install guides for 10.6 and assuming thats the guide to go with, however i was looking threw and didn't see anything about ivory bridge, however in other guides i see online I notice a new kernel needs to be copied to the install once it is online to allow it to be used with the processor long enough to get on mac store to let me download and install Lion. Is 10.6 the correct guide or is there another i should be looking at? Sorry for the Newb question but i don't want to make a unnecessary mistake.

Thank you

Rick P

I don't have access to a mac so i will be installing Snow Leopard on a new Hackintosh i am building this weekend with a Core I3-3225 processor with a Gigabyte Z77-Ds3h using a 3 TB Seagate barracuda 7200RPM drive. My question is I am looking at the install guides for 10.6 and assuming thats the guide to go with, however i was looking threw and didn't see anything about ivory bridge, however in other guides i see online I notice a new kernel needs to be copied to the install once it is online to allow it to be used with the processor long enough to get on mac store to let me download and install Lion. Is 10.6 the correct guide or is there another i should be looking at? Sorry for the Newb question but i don't want to make a unnecessary mistake.

Thank you

Rick P

Rick P

Not sure if that 3 TB seagate HD is on the approved list for hardware but the CPU and that Motherboard should work w minimal hassels - you do know that you will need to install Mountain Lion onto it .

Also you will need an KNow Good 8 GB or 16 GB USB thumb drive that is USB 2.0

I would suggest something other than the 3 GB HD for OSX,

Yeah, i will be installing mountain lion on it as soon as i can iit on the store to get the download. I wasn't sure about the 3 tb drive but if i cant get it to work i will get something else. I kind of need the space.

Thank you

Rick P

Yeah, i will be installing mountain lion on it as soon as i can iit on the store to get the download. I wasn't sure about the 3 tb drive but if i cant get it to work i will get something else. I kind of need the space.

Thank you

Rick P

Rick

If you doing this for SL then use a small HDD even and older one that is a spare - if you dont have one see if you have friends or family that have and older computer that has a SATA drive you can Pull.
As this is a problem for SL.
So build the system with a small drive and get the Unibeast thumb drive made then when you install ML try it w the 3 TB.
Its rumored that OSX 10.8.3 and above will work w 3 TB

Rick

If you doing this for SL then use a small HDD even and older one that is a spare - if you dont have one see if you have friends or family that have and older computer that has a SATA drive you can Pull.
As this is a problem for SL.
So build the system with a small drive and get the Unibeast thumb drive made then when you install ML try it w the 3 TB.
Its rumored that OSX 10.8.3 and above will work w 3 TB

I just did some more reading and appreciate your help, think I have a plan now.

Thank you
Rick P

I just did some more reading and appreciate your help, think I have a plan now.

Thank you
Rick P

Rick

Well let us know how it went ... did you get to see the sun that weekend!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back