Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus B150 Pro Gaming aura
CPU
Intel 3.2 i5 6500
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 960
Hey folks! I'm looking to turn my PC into a hackintosh. From what I've found so far, I believe all my components are compatible. Because this is an up and running PC, I know I can just reformat the drives, however, is it better to just start fresh?

Parts:

CPU: 3.2ghz i5 6500
MOBO: Asus b150 Pro Gaming
GPU: Nvidia GTX 960
RAM: Corsair 32gb DDR4
SSD: Sandisk 256gb SSD

TIA,
Ron

Hey folks! I'm looking to turn my PC into a hackintosh. From what I've found so far, I believe all my components are compatible. Because this is an up and running PC, I know I can just reformat the drives, however, is it better to just start fresh?

Parts:

TIA,
Ron
Not sure what you mean. Either the drives and staying afresh is really much the same thing. When you format the drives (which you will have to do with the OSX installer AFAIK) you are essentially "starting afresh" as you will have nothing more in your HDDs.

If you mean buy new hardware, I would recommend you try out getting Mac OS working in your current rig first before spending money to realise you don't like it and going back to Windows or Linux.

But if you've got money to burn...

Parts:

TIA,
Ron

Yes, this system should be compatible with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and High Sierra 10.13.6, but not the latest 10.14 Mojave since Nvidia has not released Mojave web drivers for your graphics card.

If you don't mind erasing your SSD, then yes, you can just reformat the drive and install MacOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back