Contribute
Register

My first Hackintosh, please help (so confused!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to decide how you want to run your system and build DSDT for that scenario. It is interesting that the Intel HD brightness fix works with your Radeon active. It implies that the manufacturer is using the Intel HD registers for backlight control even with the Radeon chip.

But the reason brightness is not working now is because QE/CI is not working for your Intel. To use Intel, you'd need to remove AMD graphics kexts (AMD*, ATI*) or disable it from BIOS (in the last ioreg, it is still active), and then enable QE/CI for your Intel HD. First gen Intel HD is not really supported so you have to do some hacking. See: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

ok, as far as i understand, I can't manage both brightness but i have to chose which one i want to make brightness work...so i chose radeon all life :p

Achieved this, here's another question, the real one:

I found this guide too on internet http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...cs-working-manually-mirror-only-using-clover/ that should allow us to make switchable graphics works...i do anything he says, but if i boot with both cards active by bios, mac osx boots only with intel (amd 5650m is recognized though) and i haven't any two monitors, as the guy says...do you understand more than me, with this guide? Or do you know a better method to do this?
Thanks always for your time :)

ok, as far as i understand, I can't manage both brightness but i have to chose which one i want to make brightness work...so i chose radeon all life :p

Achieved this, here's another question, the real one:

I found this guide too on internet http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...cs-working-manually-mirror-only-using-clover/ that should allow us to make switchable graphics works...i do anything he says, but if i boot with both cards active by bios, mac osx boots only with intel (amd 5650m is recognized though) and i haven't any two monitors, as the guy says...do you understand more than me, with this guide? Or do you know a better method to do this?
Thanks always for your time :)

I don't know of any way to make "switched" graphics work like it does on a real Mac.

I've not read the guide you linked as I don't have any such hardware...

I don't know of any way to make "switched" graphics work like it does on a real Mac.

ok, thanks anyway :)

Hi, Rehabman!! I've got another few problems :S

The first (and more important one) is that, after updated from 10.9.2 to 10.9.3, audio doesn't works anymore. Already done "irq fix" and "audio layout 12" (changed to 65), downloaded a applehda.kext for alc 662 (mine is 670), but nothing to do. Can you help me solving it?

The second, very strange, is that in every google page and a little other the browser (either chrome and safari) misses some letters! o_O
here's an example

Schermata 2014-05-19 alle 15.01.27.png

Hi, Rehabman!! I've got another few problems :S

The first (and more important one) is that, after updated from 10.9.2 to 10.9.3, audio doesn't works anymore. Already done "irq fix" and "audio layout 12" (changed to 65), downloaded a applehda.kext for alc 662 (mine is 670), but nothing to do. Can you help me solving it?

Try using the AppleHDA you were using prior to the update. Also, no need to edit DSDT after updates. Updates do not affect DSDT.

The second, very strange, is that in every google page and a little other the browser (either chrome and safari) misses some letters! o_O
here's an example

No idea and don't really see what you're talking about. Sounds like an issue with your browser/internet connection.

Try using the AppleHDA you were using prior to the update. Also, no need to edit DSDT after updates. Updates do not affect DSDT.

if i've done all this mess, it's because the thing like they were don't work... :S When i rebooted, the audio didn't work...so here's the reason why i asked you help. If the old applehda were working, why asking you help? XD

idea and don't really see what you're talking about. Sounds like an issue with your browser/internet connection.
read carefully along the page: the white spaces in the search bar of google is "10.9.3", and so many letters were missing...what do you think it is?

if i've done all this mess, it's because the thing like they were don't work... :S When i rebooted, the audio didn't work...so here's the reason why i asked you help. If the old applehda were working, why asking you help? XD

I assume the AppleHDA.kext you had installed prior to the update was working...

The update replaces AppleHDA.kext with vanilla, so you should not expect audio to work post-update.

read carefully along the page: the white spaces in the search bar of google is "10.9.3", and so many letters were missing...what do you think it is?

No idea. Try a fresh install.

I assume the AppleHDA.kext you had installed prior to the update was working...

The update replaces AppleHDA.kext with vanilla, so you should not expect audio to work post-update.
ok, worked for audio.. thanks :D

idea. Try a fresh install.

whoah :O that's the only tip you can give to me? :S

whoah :O that's the only tip you can give to me? :S

Yes... have never seen that. Something seems screwed up with your install. Try a fresh install to another partition as a test. Don't be so surprised... it is a very common troubleshooting technique.

Yes... have never seen that. Something seems screwed up with your install. Try a fresh install to another partition as a test. Don't be so surprised... it is a very common troubleshooting technique.

I re installed everything, and now works perfectly everything...i wouldn't arrive at this point, but it was necessary!

So, now i have another question: I have installed Ubuntu to another hard disk...clover detect it, but when i select ubuntu it doesn't boot up but it stuck at the flashing underscore ("_")

I read your guide, but it talk about chimera/chameleon...and googling I can't find anything. Could you please help me?? :(

P.S. When i installed ubuntu i selected "Device for boot loader installation" the same partition where i installed ubuntu, as your guide says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back