Contribute
Register

My first Hackintosh, please help (so confused!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This DSDT is already patched successfully. No errors.
ok...but i still can't manage brightness from my intel hd graphic :S

what am i wrong?

i use clover, so i post dsdt in "EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched" 'cause that's the place...isn't it? O_O
I installed acpibacklight.kext... if you say that the place is right, i will post ioreg

Yes. You need to be sure to use my version of ACPIBacklight.kext, not any other...

Post ioreg if still not working and I'll take a peek..

BTW: This DSDT patch is only for Intel HD graphics, as is the link you provided in post #199. For others, you can use just "Brightness Fix", assuming your OEM DSDT methods for brightness actually work.

Yes. You need to be sure to use my version of ACPIBacklight.kext, not any other...

Post ioreg if still not working and I'll take a peek..

BTW: This DSDT patch is only for Intel HD graphics, as is the link you provided in post #199. For others, you can use just "Brightness Fix", assuming your OEM DSDT methods for brightness actually work.

nothing to do :(

here's my IOreg file
View attachment MacBook Pro di Elia.ioreg

nothing to do :(

here's my IOreg file
View attachment 90624

Try using just "Brightness Fix" DSDT patch instead of the one you have now. That will force ACPIBacklight.kext to use your native methods.

The patch you have applied to your DSDT is for Intel HD graphics only. Your graphics is Radeon.

Try using just "Brightness Fix" DSDT patch instead of the one you have now. That will force ACPIBacklight.kext to use your native methods.

The patch you have applied to your DSDT is for Intel HD graphics only. Your graphics is Radeon.

but if i boot with my radeon, the brightness works!!

I can't manage brightness if i boot with my intel..that's what i want to fix :/

p.s. already tried with "Brightness Fix"...no success

but if i boot with my radeon, the brightness works!!

I can't manage brightness if i boot with my intel..that's what i want to fix :/

p.s. already tried with "Brightness Fix"...no success

You have to decide how you want to run your system and build DSDT for that scenario. It is interesting that the Intel HD brightness fix works with your Radeon active. It implies that the manufacturer is using the Intel HD registers for backlight control even with the Radeon chip.

But the reason brightness is not working now is because QE/CI is not working for your Intel. To use Intel, you'd need to remove AMD graphics kexts (AMD*, ATI*) or disable it from BIOS (in the last ioreg, it is still active), and then enable QE/CI for your Intel HD. First gen Intel HD is not really supported so you have to do some hacking. See: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back