Contribute
Register

My first Hackintosh, please help (so confused!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, i tried like you said here, but now it freeze me while starting the os! So i ran -v to see what happens and that's what i've got:

View attachment 83182View attachment 83183
the strange thing is that if i run -x safe mode, it works perfectly, even with wi fi!! what should i do? help, please! :banghead:

Your install is fairly messed up. You have RadeonSensors.kext in there, which is part of a very old version of FakeSMC.

My recommendation: Do a fresh install.

Your install is fairly messed up. You have RadeonSensors.kext in there, which is part of a very old version of FakeSMC.

My recommendation: Do a fresh install.

it has sense...infact, everytime i do a fresh install (because of this error) i run multibeast (the last one, 6.1.0 if i'm not wrong...) and it gives me ALWAYS this error...
On the first boot, with "PCIRootUID=0", "npci=0x3000" and "GraphicsEnabler=No" it runs perfectly...
What I usually do with multibeast is:
Audio: VoodooHDA 2.7.2;

Misc: EvOreboot, FakeSMC (don't remember the version, I'm on win 8.1 right now);

System: AppleintelCPUPowerManagement Patch For Mavericks + Apple RTCPatch for CMOS Reset;

and use Chameleon Wizard for the bootloader.

Do you advise me to NOT install fakesmc provided by multibeast, and proceed with the other stuff?
If i could dare...what would you do if you were in my shoes (better, in my pc ahaha)?
Thank you for your help, i hope you will know what to do with my hardware! O_O

i posted you a long question, that "waits for moderator approval"...while we waiting, the point was:
1) do you advice me to do not install fake smc?
2) if you don't mind XD what would you do if you want to install mavericks hackintosh on my pc specification?

thanks, and sorry for the confusion :S

it has sense...infact, everytime i do a fresh install (because of this error) i run multibeast (the last one, 6.1.0 if i'm not wrong...) and it gives me ALWAYS this error...
On the first boot, with "PCIRootUID=0", "npci=0x3000" and "GraphicsEnabler=No" it runs perfectly...
What I usually do with multibeast is:
Audio: VoodooHDA 2.7.2;

Misc: EvOreboot, FakeSMC (don't remember the version, I'm on win 8.1 right now);

System: AppleintelCPUPowerManagement Patch For Mavericks + Apple RTCPatch for CMOS Reset;

and use Chameleon Wizard for the bootloader.

Do you advise me to NOT install fakesmc provided by multibeast, and proceed with the other stuff?
If i could dare...what would you do if you were in my shoes (better, in my pc ahaha)?
Thank you for your help, i hope you will know what to do with my hardware! O_O

Installing FakeSMC with Multibeast is fine. But you didn't get RadeonSensors.kext from the current version of Multibeast... it came from somewhere else. Or there is something else going on...

It might help to have more details on your hardware:

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

It might help to have more details on your hardware:

Please provide complete details in your profile.

fine. i'm gonna update my profile and later i'll be back :beachball:

fine. i'm gonna update my profile and later i'll be back :beachball:

BTW, if you have Radeon, you should disable it in BIOS.

in bios i always set "graphic mode: discrete" instead of "switchable"...anyway, if i type "dart=0" i can boot normally, but without sounds...might this help?

in bios i always set "graphic mode: discrete" instead of "switchable"...anyway, if i type "dart=0" i can boot normally, but without sounds...might this help?

I have no idea how to enable your Radeon. You'll have to search around... All my hardware is Intel HD.

As far as dart=0... that is required if you have not disabled VT-d. Add it to your kernel flags if BIOS doesn't have an option to disable VT-d.

For audio, you need to install appropriate drivers. Either patched AppleHDA or VoodooHDA.

I have no idea how to enable your Radeon. You'll have to search around... All my hardware is Intel HD.

if with this you mean that you don't know if "discrete" or "switchable" disable my radeon, i can assure that "discrete" mode is the only way to make a hackintosh works. I read it from a post in another thread by him:

I just want to report that it was very easy to install Mavericks on old Acer Aspire 7745G Laptop. Most of the things I need are working quite smoothly.

Acer 7745G has Intel i5, ATI HD5800 series graphics card, Intel High Def Audio and Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 network card.

What is working
ATI graphics at 1600x900 resolution
HDMI and dual display mode
wired network
touchpad and keyboard
USB
sound

What is not working
wifi
bluetooth
camera (system report shows specs of camera, but could not get any picture)

Installation was straightforward, using the basic installation process with laptop support. Only thing to remember is that you have to change graphics BIOS setting from Switchable to Discrete Graphics - otherwise the graphics do not work. During the installation the resolution is basic VGA, but that can be corrected later.

I used driver installation without any DSDT. Necessary drivers and installation options in Multibeast were

Audio - Universal - VoodooHDA 2.7.2
Misc - FakeSMC
Misc - FakeSMC Plugins
Misc - FakeSMC HWMonitor
Misc - PS/2 Keyboard,Mice and Trackpad
Network - Atheros
Bootloader - Chimera 2.2.1
Boot Options - Basic Boot Options
Boot Options - GraphicsEnabler = Yes
Boot Options - IGPEnabler = No

When Multibeast had installed everything, I edited /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist with nano and added following

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>uakari</string>

After reboot I get normal 1600x900 resolution on LCD display and also dual-display. Mavericks operates quite smoothly.

I have also made some preliminary test with this rig in music production. Logic 9 works quite fine. Focusrite USB audio interface works without any drivers and couple of USB Midi-keyboards have also worked out of the box. I have not had time for detailed tests yet.

As far as dart=0... that is required if you have not disabled VT-d. Add it to your kernel flags if BIOS doesn't have an option to disable VT-d.

For audio, you need to install appropriate drivers. Either patched AppleHDA or VoodooHDA.

could you please explain me what vt-d is? i never used this string before...

P.S. i've done everything he do, since he have my same laptop (except for graphic card), but my hack still not works well...

if with this you mean that you don't know if "discrete" or "switchable" disable my radeon, i can assure that "discrete" mode is the only way to make a hackintosh works. I read it from a post in another thread by him:

No. I mean I don't know what is involved in making the Radeon work as I don't have the hardware.

could you please explain me what vt-d is? i never used this string before...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86_virtualization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back