My First Hackintosh - installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H (BIOS: F9)
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics
Intel HD 4600 / Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 G1 GAMING 4GB (GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

this is my first hackintosh and I tried to follow the guide from this website and forum, but when I try to start installation of Yosemite it ends up on grey screen with Apple logo and progress bar stops at about 1/6 of it's length.

What I did so far:
1. updated BIOS to F9
2. set to optimized defaults
3. disabled VT-d
4. set X.M.P. Memory Profile to Profile1
5. made USB according to the instructions from this web page (UniBeast 5.1.0 (7.13MB), downloaded Yosemite installation, downloaded MultiBeast - Yosemite Edition 7.3.0 (34.85MB))
6. Put USB in USB 2.0 on the back panel (where keyboard would go, as that one and one "for" the mouse are only USB 2.0 - the other ones are 3.0, and I wanted to avoid front panel)
7. when icon for Yosemite showed - pressed ENTER and it ended on grey screen with Apple logo (as previously described).

I put my computer configuration in profile.

I hope that someone can help :)

Best regards!

I have the same issue. The installer stops at a similar point as you and I've already tried another USB drive and reset to optimized defaults. Only thing I still have to try is to re-download the Yosemite installer and make a fresh UniBeast installer.

I got it working: booted using nv_disable=1

Thank you! It worked for me too. :)

Hi,

I installed it but after that, no way to make the GFX work properly.

Any tips ?

Hi,

I installed it but after that, no way to make the GFX work properly.

Any tips ?

Do us all a favor and add your system hardware to your profile, we cant guess at what you installed or what you need help with..

Can you be more specific?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back