Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,
first of all, sorry if i make some language mistakes (i'm italian).
I've been trying for days to create my first hackintosh.
What i have: desktop PC (MSI B250m pro-vh, i5 7400, Asus strix 1050ti, 16gb ram ddr4 2133 MHz), Macbook Pro 15" mid 2009 (with not working USB ports, only the SD reader) and a MacPro 2008.
I've downloaded El Capitan from the app store (using my macbook) and i created the usb using my macpro with unibeast. I changed some bios settings and tried to install mac os... The computer will restar after the apple logo with no loading bar. After a couple of hours spent looking for a solution i found one. Use a FakeCpuID (in my case 0x0506E3) because it seems El Capitan doesn't support kabylake cpus and every time i boot my pc i need to go to option (in the bootloader menu) and change it. I have also changed the position of the USB drive from the usb3 to the usb2 (imagine me staying for 10 hours looking for a solution and then finally finding it). The installation has been completed!!
But, there are some issues:
First: USB3 not workink
second: GPU not working (is better with the integrated graphics card)
third: i can't install anything with multibeast because every time i install something, after the reboot the system will not load
fourth: i also can't install the driver for my wi-fi adapter (Asus USB N-13)
fifth: since i can't change the id of my hackingtosh and i can't connect it to internet i can't download high sierra
sixth: the hackintosh sees only 8gb of ram (2x4gb of ram)

Well...

I'm very desperate. it seems i need to install High sierra to solve the problem with the CPU and the Gpu. And it seems i need a new motherboard because i can't find ANITHING for mine.

PLEASE can anyone help me? Can i install El Capitan on my computer or i need to purchase new hardware?

PLEASE can anyone help me? Can i install El Capitan on my computer or i need to purchase new hardware?
Your Pascal graphics card will not work with El Capitan, it is not supported until mid way through Sierra.

Hello everyone, first of all, sorry if i make some language mistakes (I'm Italian). I've been trying for days to create my first hackintosh.

What i have: desktop PC (MSI B250m pro-vh, i5 7400, Asus strix 1050ti, 16gb ram ddr4 2133 MHz), Macbook Pro 15" mid 2009 (with not working USB ports, only the SD reader) and a MacPro 2008.

I've downloaded El Capitan from the app store (using my macbook) and i created the usb using my macpro with unibeast. I changed some bios settings and tried to install mac os... The computer will restar after the apple logo with no loading bar. After a couple of hours spent looking for a solution i found one. Use a FakeCpuID (in my case 0x0506E3) because it seems El Capitan doesn't support kabylake cpus and every time i boot my pc i need to go to option (in the bootloader menu) and change it. I have also changed the position of the USB drive from the usb3 to the usb2 (imagine me staying for 10 hours looking for a solution and then finally finding it). The installation has been completed!!

But, there are some issues:
First: USB3 not working
second: GPU not working (is better with the integrated graphics card)
third: i can't install anything with multibeast because every time i install something, after the reboot the system will not load
fourth: i also can't install the driver for my wi-fi adapter (Asus USB N-13)
fifth: since i can't change the id of my hackintosh and i can't connect it to internet i can't download high sierra
sixth: the hackintosh sees only 8gb of ram (2x4gb of ram)

Well...

I'm very desperate. it seems i need to install High sierra to solve the problem with the CPU and the Gpu. And it seems i need a new motherboard because i can't find ANYTHING for mine.

You are correct in using the 506E3 FakeCPUID (Skylake) since as you found El Capitan does not support Kaby Lake CPUs but does support Skylake CPUs.

Your graphics card is not supported under El Capitan and there is no way to make it fully work. The necessary drivers for it are only available under Sierra and High Sierra. If you insist on using El Capitan, you will have to replace it with something older, like a GTX 760 (natively supported) or GTX 960 (supported with Nvidia web drivers).

As for the RAM, does it see the full 16GB when you are in the BIOS?

I take it, though, that you do want to eventually use High Sierra, but that your old Macs do not allow you to directly download High Sierra from the Mac App Store? What is the type of "Mac" that were shown when you clicked on "About this Mac" on your hackintosh?

thanks for your answer
As for the RAM, does it see the full 16GB when you are in the BIOS?
Yes, my bios see the full 16GB, even windows 10

I take it, though, that you do want to eventually use High Sierra, but that your old Macs do not allow you to directly download High Sierra from the Mac App Store? What is the type of "Mac" that were shown when you clicked on "About this Mac" on your hackintosh?
My 2009 macbook pro can't download High sierra. My hackintosh is "Mac Pro 3.1".

This night before falling asleep i thought i could force my macbook to download High Sierra. I must search for it

Up!
I tried to force my macbook pro (El Capitan) to download High Sierra using dosdude1 tool. I used my MacPro (Snow Leopard) with Unibeast to create the bootable USB and showed me this message: There was an error creating your UniBeast drive. Couldn't create installer. My installer of High Sierra is 5.2Gb.. Maybe i'll try to re-download it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back