Geforce GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I have just completed my first build and got everything working.

I tried relentlessly to get my 6850 working however I gave up and used the intel hd 4000 graphics which is now working great.

I would however like to get my graphics card working. I have used the guide from here http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ntain-lion-6xxx-gpu-issues-fix-inside-15.html however that does not work.

I have just tried putting the card into my machine now that it is fully working however it will simply sit at the apple boot screen with the spinning wheel. It did look as if it was the correct resolution however!

Any help would definitely be appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris

Hi,

I have just completed my first build and got everything working.

I tried relentlessly to get my 6850 working however I gave up and used the intel hd 4000 graphics which is now working great.

I would however like to get my graphics card working. I have used the guide from here http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ntain-lion-6xxx-gpu-issues-fix-inside-15.html however that does not work.

I have just tried putting the card into my machine now that it is fully working however it will simply sit at the apple boot screen with the spinning wheel. It did look as if it was the correct resolution however!

Any help would definitely be appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris

Do a verbose boot (use the -v boot flag at the bootloader screen) and see where its hanging at.

Do a verbose boot (use the -v boot flag at the bootloader screen) and see where its hanging at.

OK thanks :) Just copying 100GB worth of files so will report back in an hour!

My Mac is currently identified as a iMac 12.2 as this was needed to get my HD4000 graphics working, I assume I need to change this to a Mac Pro model identifier for my discrete graphics to be properly recognised? How can I change this?

Thanks
Chris

OK thanks :) Just copying 100GB worth of files so will report back in an hour!

My Mac is currently identified as a iMac 12.2 as this was needed to get my HD4000 graphics working, I assume I need to change this to a Mac Pro model identifier for my discrete graphics to be properly recognised? How can I change this?

Thanks
Chris

Not necessary, I'm running my machine with an iMac 12,2 def. and an XFX 6850 as well. You might also try booting with the GraphicsEnabler=No flag to see if that gets you anywhere.

Not necessary, I'm running my machine with an iMac 12,2 def. and an XFX 6850 as well. You might also try booting with the GraphicsEnabler=No flag to see if that gets you anywhere.

Ahh thanks :) I think I tried Graphics Enabler=No but it didn't work.
Good to hear that my card should work however!

Ok I thought it was stuck on a USBMSC identifier how ever it now says 'considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.apple.kext.AMDSupport triggered rebuild.

It hasn't moved from that for around a minute now however.

I shut the system down as it seemed to have hung there, it does boot when I use graphicsenabler=no however!

have same card as you. Although the personality may be different. Only way to boot past spinning wheel for me was.

GraphicsEnabler=No AtiConfig=Pithecia

Do that and you will boot.

have same card as you. Although the personality may be different. Only way to boot past spinning wheel for me was.

GraphicsEnabler=No AtiConfig=Pithecia

Do that and you will boot.

Thanks that worked!
If I install these kexts from lion do you think it will work?
ATI6000Controller
ATIFramebuffer
ATISupport

Right installing those kexts didn't work at all! Wouldn't get past the Apple loading screen at all. Back to the HD 4000 now, the system is working again.

Still I would like my 6850 to work again!

So after a bit of research I have found that possibly I have bought one of the only 6850's that doesn't work well.
It is a XFX 6850 ZCFC, I am looking into returning it however if anyone could confirm if it would work or not that would be great as it is always a hassle returning goods!

If I did return it are their any suggestions as what card to buy instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back