Contribute
Register

My First Build! Need some recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII HERO
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My 27" iMac is becoming outdated now and just doesn't have the power I need, so I want to build a Hackintosh to replace it because it seems like a cheaper alternative than replacing an iMac every few years.

My main uses for it will be Photography (editing), Graphic Design, and Gaming. I want something that will handle all the latest games without any problems, and also handle multitasking very well as I usually have a lot of things running when I'm working.

Okay guys, here's what I've chosen so far! Do you think this setup would work fine? I'm not actually buying from NewEgg by the way, I'll be ordering from sites in the UK.

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-GAMING 7

CPU: INTEL CORE i5-4690k 3.5GHz

CPU COOLER: CORSAIR HYDRO H60

MEMORY: CORSAIR VENGEANCE 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 770 2GB SUPERCLOCKED

POWER SUPPLY: CORSAIR RM 650W FULL MODULAR

CASE: PHANTEKS ENTHOO PRO SERIES ATX FULL TOWER

Take a look at the Buyer's Guide. There are some prebuilt systems put together although you can choose the parts you "like" the look of that suits your needs. Mix and match. Also use the search feature of the parts you choose to get some idea on how people have installed and configured their systems. With your budget there is a lot of choice.

Like wildwillow said, the buyers guide will help you out with the internals and getting different colored ram sticks etc is no big deal. As a starting point though the Fractal Design Define series of cases might be something you want to check out. They look great and have sound dampening material built in.

Take a look at the Buyer's Guide. There are some prebuilt systems put together although you can choose the parts you "like" the look of that suits your needs. Mix and match. Also use the search feature of the parts you choose to get some idea on how people have installed and configured their systems. With your budget there is a lot of choice.

I picked out some parts which I added to my original post. Do you think these would work okay for what I need?

I picked out some parts which I added to my original post. Do you think these would work okay for what I need?

Yes that will work great for your needs. One thing I would suggest, check out Gigabyte's Memory Support List for your chosen ram. Make sure that they are on the list, if not choose some that are. It will save you some head aches later down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back