Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok so I am trying to get information on my first hackintosh. My budget is around $600-750, I just want something better than my macbook pro 2012.

I do some light gaming so I want something that's not integrated graphics card. (I don't want a high end graphics card, just anything that will play regular mmo's on medium setting to keep the price low)

Other than that all I really need it to have is bluetooth, wifi/ethernet connection, and hdmi.

Can you guys give me an idea on how much I am gonna spend/need or if my budget is too low for a hackintosh?

I don't have much experience with building my own pc so I'm a little hesitant.

And also my friends trying to sell me one for $450 and here's the specs..... would this be ideal for what I'm looking for? or is this a rip off/too old?

Specs
Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM (Memory)
2tb SSDHDD HYBRID SEGATE HARDRIVE (BRAND NEW) Faster than 7200 barracuda
450 ANTEC POWER SUPPLY Brandnew ( replaced the older working one that is still working with this new one)
nvidia 9500gt
wifi yes
firewire yes
USB 3.0 yes

MAVERICKS OSX 10.9 RUNNING ON Dell 530 CORE 2 QUAD

So if I were to build a CustoMac Mini Deluxe, it says a graphics card is optional. So does that mean if I build it and buy the graphics card later on, I can do that with no problem?

Is the process of installing os x and picking the settings hard?

Yes! And I suggest you look in the user builds section of this forum for a build similar to the one you're specing out to see how easy/hard it might be. Chances are that if it's on the buyer's guide, installation will be a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back