Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 290 G2 MT
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
GT 730, UHD 630
Hi guys, After success installing Sierra I have edited my config.plist to enable my video card as I did before with El Capitan with no problems, But it seems in Sierra my display is mirrored? and I only have the one monitor connected via DVI. If uncheck mirroring in display preferences iam unable to view full desktop, Any ideas??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 22.42.46.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 22.42.46.png
    2 MB · Views: 143
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 22.37.03 (2).png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 22.37.03 (2).png
    3 MB · Views: 120
Hi guys, After success installing Sierra I have edited my config.plist to enable my video card as I did before with El Capitan with no problems, But it seems in Sierra my display is mirrored? and I only have the one monitor connected via DVI. If uncheck mirroring in display preferences iam unable to view full desktop, Any ideas??

OH thank you, I thought I was going crazy :)

I have the exact same thing after upgrading, it almost appears to me like it's being treated as an airplay device.
I will mention i'm using the integrated graphics and HDMI, computer details in signature.

Hopefully someone can find a solution..

Last edited:
I have the same problem. That one and the Mission Control animations are a little bit "choppy" specially with VLC playing a movie. I don't know if is because of this.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2016-09-21 a la(s) 18.15.57.png
    Captura de pantalla 2016-09-21 a la(s) 18.15.57.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Captura de pantalla 2016-09-21 a la(s) 18.15.38.png
    Captura de pantalla 2016-09-21 a la(s) 18.15.38.png
    561.3 KB · Views: 97
I thought I was going crazy too! I'm also having the same issue. I've been able to find a work around by not injecting Intel graphics in Clover. If you are using Clover Configurator you can just uncheck "Inject Intel" under the Graphics tab.

Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 12.41.11 AM.png

Last edited:
I thought I was going crazy too! I'm also having the same issue. I've been able to find a work around by not injecting Intel graphics in Clover. If you are using Clover Configurator you can just uncheck "Inject Intel" under the Graphics tab.

View attachment 211328
I have exactly the same problem as u guys.
I don't really see this as a workaround as there is no graphics acceleration without 'Inject Intel' enabled....its almost unusable in that state.

Love to find a solution for this as my Sierra install is almost perfect apart from this.
Ill try a few things and update u guys if i find a solution.

Im using HD3000 HDMI.

Last edited:
Well I'm stumped :(
tried using various different System Definitions, Ive tried rolling back to working kexts from 10.11.6....ive tried all sorts of different settings in Clover and no joy :(

think ill wait for someone smarter to figure this one out as i have no idea what to try next.

Its not critical as i have full resolution and acceleration, but noticed it is a little bit choppy with this mirroring issue.

I saw a post that said that this is related to Clover - Try a different version and see if it helps.

I have exactly the same problem as u guys.
I don't really see this as a workaround as there is no graphics acceleration without 'Inject Intel' enabled....its almost unusable in that state.

Love to find a solution for this as my Sierra install is almost perfect apart from this.
Ill try a few things and update u guys if i find a solution.

Im using HD3000 HDMI.

Ah, yes, I should have mentioned in my original post that I'm using a dedicated graphics card, so I'm not using the integrated graphics. Not injecting the Intel drivers would break graphics acceleration if anyone is.

This also prevents using AirPlay to mirror the display wirelessly if you ever wanted to. It's definitely not a real solution, but hopefully it might help some until a better fix is found.

I saw a post that said that this is related to Clover - Try a different version and see if it helps.
Excellent stuff, i can confirm the mirroring issue doesn't exist with Clover_v2.3k_r3726.
Many thanks for this, i wasn't expecting a solution so quickly.

Ah, yes, I should have mentioned in my original post that I'm using a dedicated graphics card, so I'm not using the integrated graphics. Not injecting the Intel drivers would break graphics acceleration if anyone is.

This also prevents using AirPlay to mirror the display wirelessly if you ever wanted to. It's definitely not a real solution, but hopefully it might help some until a better fix is found.
TBH i didn't consider u were using dedicated graphics lol.
Regardless try Clover_v2.3k_r3726. Definitely solved the issue for me.

Excellent stuff, i can confirm the mirroring issue doesn't exist with Clover_v2.3k_r3726.
Many thanks for this, i wasn't expecting a solution so quickly.

TBH i didn't consider u were using dedicated graphics lol.
Regardless try Clover_v2.3k_r3726. Definitely solved the issue for me.
Thanks this resolved the issue and the Mission Control laggy animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back