Contribute
Register

My destkop is supposed to be compatible.. is it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z97-HD3
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 960
Hello guys,

I'm new here & french (doesn't help), so please be nice if my english is bad or if I do something wrong ! <3

I searched on the website if my hardware was compatible with a mac installation of Yosemite 10.10.5. After the research my desktop is supposed to be compatible but yet I saw some topics with some issues, so I really want to clarify the situation before doing anything that could take some of my time and money (will buy an extra ssd for running mac os) for nothing and maybe yours..!

Let's start with my specs:
  • 1 x Intel Core i7-4770K (3.5 GHz)
  • 1 x Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
  • 2 x DDR3 G.Skill RipJaws X, 4 Go, 2400 MHz, CAS 11
  • 1 x Samsung Série 850 EVO, 250 Go, SATA III
  • 1 x Corsair VS550, 550W
  • 1 x Nvidia GTX 960
Would highly appreciate any leads / links on the situation !

Best,
Julien.

After the research my desktop is supposed to be compatible but yet I saw some topics with some issues

No guarantees when building a hack. Two people with same hardware might get different issues.

"compatible" doesn't mean "100% problem-free", but chance of success is very high (or there are workarounds to known issues). Read the guides, follow directions, and search other people's found solutions for issues similar to yours.

Hello guys,

I'm new here & french (doesn't help), so please be nice if my english is bad or if I do something wrong ! <3

I searched on the website if my hardware was compatible with a mac installation of Yosemite 10.10.5. After the research my desktop is supposed to be compatible but yet I saw some topics with some issues, so I really want to clarify the situation before doing anything that could take some of my time and money (will buy an extra ssd for running mac os) for nothing and maybe yours..!

Let's start with my specs:
  • 1 x Intel Core i7-4770K (3.5 GHz)
  • 1 x Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
  • 2 x DDR3 G.Skill RipJaws X, 4 Go, 2400 MHz, CAS 11
  • 1 x Samsung Série 850 EVO, 250 Go, SATA III
  • 1 x Corsair VS550, 550W
  • 1 x Nvidia GTX 960
Would highly appreciate any leads / links on the situation !

Best,
Julien.
Is there a particular reason not to go with El Capitan?

After the research my desktop is supposed to be compatible but yet I saw some topics with some issues

No guarantees when building a hack. Two people with same hardware might get different issues.

"compatible" doesn't mean "100% problem-free", but chance of success is very high (or there are workarounds to known issues). Read the guides, follow directions, and search other people's found solutions for issues similar to yours.

Thank you for your answer, I'll keep that in mind and I will try to find the best system to use with my specs !

Is there a particular reason not to go with El Capitan?

No particular reason, but do you think it will be more stable to use El Capitan instead of Yosemite ? If so then I'll go for El Capitan ! Would you recommend it given my specs ? Thank you for your answer anyway!

You need to be using Clover, and the TonyMac tools (Unibeast and Multibeast) only use Clover on El Capitan installs, not Yosemite. And I'm a great believer in using the latest OS if possible.

Thank you ! Will check for El Capitan releases and compatibility, will keep you guys updated !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back