Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 750 2GB OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ever since installing the 10.8.2 revision my Ctrl and Fn keys switched. (Fn is now ctrl and vice versa) The strange thing is that this occurs even in Windows OS. I have to press Fn + C to copy. How can I fix this?

-BB

Ever since installing the 10.8.2 revision my Ctrl and Fn keys switched. (Fn is now ctrl and vice versa) The strange thing is that this occurs even in Windows OS. I have to press Fn + C to copy. How can I fix this?

-BB

I wish I knew what kind of magic gets sent to the keyboard controller to do that, but...

Have you tried resetting the computer? Try:

- shutdown
- remove the battery
- unplug AC power adapter
- hold power button down for 10 sec
- put battery back in
- plug AC power adapter
- restart

thats weird and actually NOT possible..
besides, mac osx CANNOT change your keyboard layout out of osx!

thats weird and actually NOT possible..
besides, mac osx CANNOT change your keyboard layout out of osx!

It surely is possible, I'm seeing it with my own eyes.

crazy,crazy,crazy..
thats really weird

It fixes my Fn and Ctrl keys on HP Elitebook 8460p too! But after hard reset, my mute volume button stops working on both Mac and Windows. Any idea?

It fixes my Fn and Ctrl keys on HP Elitebook 8460p too! But after hard reset, my mute volume button stops working on both Mac and Windows. Any idea?

Run debug version of my voodoo kext and see what the scan codes are and how they are/aren't being translated into adb codes.

also just a tip which might be obvious to some, you can always switch your key bindings/assignments in the settings of OSX. My 2nd alt key on my last keyboard (the key in between the alt and control that commands the drop down menu items from the toolbar) was assigned to the control button and the control button did nothing. Then in settings I switched it and it worked fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back