MSI GeForce GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone !

I have bought all the parts for my computer, and I have mounted the CPU and the RAM, like in this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls but my computer just doesn't want to boot, I have checked the monitor, but my fans don't move.
I have a carsair ax750 power supply, maybe my electricity isn't powerful enough ? (I'm really sorry, but I'm French and I don't know how to say it, but I think you have understood ^^")
I have checked and the cables are well plugged, so what could be wrong please ?
If you have any question please ask me !

Thanks a lot

Hello everyone !

I have bought all the parts for my computer, and I have mounted the CPU and the RAM, like in this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls but my computer just doesn't want to boot, I have checked the monitor, but my fans don't move.
I have a carsair ax750 power supply, maybe my electricity isn't powerful enough ? (I'm really sorry, but I'm French and I don't know how to say it, but I think you have understood ^^")
I have checked and the cables are well plugged, so what could be wrong please ?
If you have any question please ask me !

Thanks a lot

You haven't given a lot of information to go on, but here are a few general troubleshooting tips:

Some power supplies have a switch on the back for 120V - 240V power; make sure that switch is set appropriately for your power.

Make sure your RAM is seated fully in its slots.

Check your CPU and make sure it is correctly installed and seated (it's difficult if not impossible to install it the wrong way around, but if it doesn't have the right amount of pressure it won't make good contact in its socket). Be very careful when doing this, the CPU and socket are delicate and easy to damage.

Make sure you have the 12V CPU power feed cable correctly plugged in.

Good luck!

You haven't given a lot of information to go on, but here are a few general troubleshooting tips:

Some power supplies have a switch on the back for 120V - 240V power; make sure that switch is set appropriately for your power.

Make sure your RAM is seated fully in its slots.

Check your CPU and make sure it is correctly installed and seated (it's difficult if not impossible to install it the wrong way around, but if it doesn't have the right amount of pressure it won't make good contact in its socket). Be very careful when doing this, the CPU and socket are delicate and easy to damage.

Make sure you have the 12V CPU power feed cable correctly plugged in.

Good luck!

Thank you for your advice, I've made a mistake but everything is working properly now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back