MSI B360-A Pro
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Good day!

I'm willing to build a hackintosh and it's been 2 or 3 weeks reading here and there inside this great site, and buying everything according your compatibility list. So far I have everything compatible according to Tonymacx86, except the wifi adapter.

I'll be installing High Sierra on Saturday in my free time. Since I thought I'll be connecting to internet by RJ45 cable to my router, I didn't worry about any wifi adapter. But the thing is momentarily I'll be far from router so I bought a Linksys USB adapter two blocks away from home.

The adapter I bought it's a Linksys AE2500 Dual-Band Wireless-N USB adapter.

Have any of you have tested it? It works?

Any help will be much appreciated it.

Thanks in advance.

The adapter I bought it's a Linksys AE2500 Dual-Band Wireless-N USB adapter.

Have any of you have tested it? It works?

That is windows only. No Mac drivers for it. There are a few that will work. The ones that do use the Realtek or Broadcom wifi chips. Then you need to install the Mac drivers for High Sierra for that specific chip. Use the forum search.

Another thing you can do is simply download every thing you need, kexts, multibeast etc. and put them on your Unibeast installer. You can then do the install without needing to have wifi available. Then use the ethernet later on when you are close enough to your router.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back