Contribute
Register

My APPLE folder in EFI Partition is missing, can't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
With HDMI connected directly to the Nvidia, you must focus on getting the Nvidia to work (Nvidia web drivers).
Therefore i need an exact guide because i ruined my installation a couple of times trying to install it...

With HDMI connected directly to the Nvidia, you must focus on getting the Nvidia to work (Nvidia web drivers).
Graphics Card now is in system Report with 0 MB VRAM, does not show up in about this Mac and it System booted up (does it work?), but HDMI still doesn't work... And strangest is that now in about this Mac there is:Intel HD Graphics KBL CRB 1536 MB

Graphics Card now is in system Report with 0 MB VRAM, does not show up in about this Mac and it System booted up (does it work?), but HDMI still doesn't work... And strangest is that now in about this Mac there is:Intel HD Graphics KBL CRB 1536 MB

No idea what you're doing when you fail to attach PR files.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, your profile is missing important details (screen resolution). Please fix as per FAQ before your next reply.

No idea what you're doing when you fail to attach PR files.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, your profile is missing important details (screen resolution). Please fix as per FAQ before your next reply.
I read that Notebook 1050Ti doesnt work under Mac OS. But what i really wanna fix is Audi, but I cant find out the Audio codec of Intel HM175 It just says Intel HD Audio...

I read that Notebook 1050Ti doesnt work under Mac OS. But what i really wanna fix is Audi, but I cant find out the Audio codec of Intel HM175 It just says Intel HD Audio...

@oabegga,

If you don't know the the type of codec in your system then the first thing to do is to create a codec dump from linux.
Create a Linux live USB (any disto will do .. i use Mint Linux)
Boot Linux Live USB and open a Terminal command and enter the following command :-
Code:
cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 > ~/Desktop/codec0_dump.txt

If you an error then try :-

Code:
cd /proc/asound/card0/
ls

Which will list the codec devices in your system as codec#0, codec#1, codec#2 ... etc, for each one listed perform the first command again but replace codec#0 with the names from the ls command, be sure to change the numeric digit in the output file name eg:

Code:
cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#2 > ~/Desktop/codec2_dump.txt

Save the codec debug files to a MacOS readable USB memory stick or print them out, the codec debug files will contain all the information you need in order to identify the type of codec you have along with the node and verb data which you will need if you have to make a HDA fix from scratch.

I would think that once you identify the codec you'll find that it's already supported by one of the many MacOS HDA patching methods, AppleALC or VoodooHDA.

Cheers
Jay[/code]

Last edited:
Thanks mate! LMAO xDD my bad

Last edited:
If it's a total unknown codec then the first thing to do is to do a codec dump from linux.
Create a Linux live USB (any disto will do .. i use Mint Linux)
Boot Linux Live USB and open a Terminal command and enter the following command :-
Code:
cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 > ~/Desktop/codec_dump.txt

If you get file not found then try :-

Code:
cd /proc/asound/card0/
ls

Identify the correct device path for your codec and replace the path in the first command with the correct one and try again.
This will produce debug file with information on the type of codec you have along with all the node and verb data.

I would think that you'll find that it's already supported by one of the many HDA patching methods, AppleALC or VoodooHDA.

Cheers
Jay
Sorry for that thanks xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back