1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys

Can someone tell me if this build will be good enough and work for a hackintosh system?

parts:

CPU / Mother Board / RAM / OS Drive / Case / PSU

I have 4 WD 1tb drives already which ill use as storage space. Is there anything else i need?

Also could you advise what the difference between the H77N motherboard and this one?

Its use will basically be like a NAS / Homeserver - Ill be hoping to download M.lion server to play around with also.
Hoping this could be the home hub of music, movies and photos etc...

Can't comment on compatibility as I dont know the answer. But wanted to mention all those parts can be had for less from Amazon. I just checked, you'd save quite a bit of cash. Also, I understand its for HTPC but if it was me i'd see how noisy the machine is with the stock cooler first before spending that much on a Noctua.

Can't comment on compatibility as I dont know the answer. But wanted to mention all those parts can be had for less from Amazon. I just checked, you'd save quite a bit of cash. Also, I understand its for HTPC but if it was me i'd see how noisy the machine is with the stock cooler first before spending that much on a Noctua.

Thanks im going to check Amazon now. I forgot that the CPU would come with a fan so I have removed that item from the list :) lol

100% Foolproof Guaranteed to Work CustoMac Building Instructions

1. Decide what you want to do with your new CustoMac

2. Go to the tonymacx86 homepage and click on "Building a CustoMac Buyer's Guide"

3. Select the components listed that will give you the computing power that you need

to do what you would like. I.E. video editing, choose the CustoMac Pro build.

These components have been pre-tested for CustoMac compatibility.

4. Click through the links listed to purchase components on either Amazon.com or
Newegg. (This is the most cost effective approach)

5. Build your new CustoMac

6. Create a Unibeast install flash drive with a Mac App Store version of Mountain Lion
and follow the Unibeast install guide.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

7. Reboot your computer and then use the Multibeast options that will support audio
and networking for your CustoMac.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=155

8. Have fun enjoying your new CustoMac !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back