Contribute
Register

Musicians on the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
adamsmasher said:
I'll have to check out the M-Audio when I have more money to blow.

M-Audio interfaces are known for instability. You might be interested in the Echo AudioFire 4. If you have a little more money, the Apogee Duet is an excellent choice. :D

I know next to nothing about the quality and/or reliability of USB and Firewire audio interfaces, so any input is appreciated!

I make music too and use logic 9.

I posted a thread with a test of logic it will be cool to see yours to in the thread.

Thanks

adamsmasher said:
Here's something I wrote so I can see how the new Gretsch would sound for recording:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4mnojxlodmt

You can hear the noise I mentioned previously in the beginning and at the end (the music covers it up during the song). The same basic sound is present no matter which guitar I use and which effects/drive I apply before the signal goes to the computer. It's not too bad if I don't apply any effects that increase gain within Logic, but this is very annoying to me :p

I totaly like this, i love the sound of the guitar, is it Gretsch?

Anyway, this noise is horrible, I think u need better recording gear/sound card or try using some software noise reduction, it'll remove it.

Gusto said:
rushko said:
That's great, but I do need some good audio card for quality recording.

The Echo AudioFire interfaces are excellent. :thumbup: But your UD3 doesn't have firewire, so you would have to find a stable firewire PCI card, or check out Echo's PCI solutions.

Any suggestions for firewire card? Also some good firewire sound card around $300?

I am considering EMU 0404USB cause of USB interface itself and good reviews I red on the net.

rushko said:
Any suggestions for firewire card? Also some good firewire sound card around $300?

I honestly haven't looked into firewire cards for hackintosh at all. I'm sure there's info somewhere on the forum. The AudioFire 4 can be had for about $270. Tremendous bang for the buck.

rushko said:
Gusto said:
rushko said:
That's great, but I do need some good audio card for quality recording.

The Echo AudioFire interfaces are excellent. :thumbup: But your UD3 doesn't have firewire, so you would have to find a stable firewire PCI card, or check out Echo's PCI solutions.

I am considering EMU 0404USB cause of USB interface itself and good reviews I red on the net.

I love my echo audiofire4, worked like a king on windows 7 64bit and working great in my hackintosch.

But if you only need 2 channels Input/Output I would say Apogee Duet is greater.

belkin made a good firecard with Texas Instrument chipset PCI. I think thay also have it with pcie

rushko said:
I totaly like this, i love the sound of the guitar, is it Gretsch?

Anyway, this noise is horrible, I think u need better recording gear/sound card or try using some software noise reduction, it'll remove it.

Glad you like it! Yes, it's "that great gretsch sound" that you hear. The noise is definitely being generated by the computer. For example, when I navigate through folders and perform certain actions on the computer, there is a brief split-second respite in the noise.

I can get hardware that will supposedly get rid of that, I just don't have the funds at the moment.

rushko said:
[

I asked in this thread about a firewire card, and I was suggested this card by another poster. He recommended this card. I wanted a firewire 800 card, as I have a firewire audio interface for music recording and firewire external hard drive (for fast data transfers).

http://www.adstech.com/products/API-811 ... id=API-811

I bought it recently but I haven't had time to test it with my devices. My hackintosh did recognize it however.

As for firewire audio interface, I'm using a M-Audio Firewire Solo that I bought about 3 years ago. Works great and it has inputs for guitar and microphone, and I use it on both my MacBook Pro (garageband) and on PC (Sonar Producer) for recording. And I have my stereo (audiophile set-up) hooked up to it for sound. I think it was just under $300. I'm sure there are newer models now. Mine I think only supported Firewire 400 (although I have to double check), which was more than enough, as I did not get much latency at all during recording with lots of effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back