Contribute
Register

Music Production CustoMac first build - Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
I7 3770 3.40GHz
Graphics
GTX 1050 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Looking to build my first CustoMac, Ive based my build around Brownin's recent build :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...d-core-i7-2600k-z68x-ud3h-u1h-amd-6870-a.html

Just looking for some advice if at all on what you lovely people think of this -

intel Core i7 2600K

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3

Corsair Vengence 16GB

Fractal Designs Define R3 (recommended for quietness)

Raedon HD6870

Samsung Blu-Ray SH-B123l/BSBP

Generic 1TB HDD

OCZ Vertez 3 SSD 60GB

Corsair 650W PSU

OSX Lion Disk

Any suggestions are welcome!

Move to the correct forum section. tonymacx86 forum index

User Builds -> Buying Advice (forum sections)
|
|
|
V​
User Builds == Confirmed [Successful] User Hardware Build Descriptions and questions on the build description

----------------------------> Forum Rules
<--

Mountain Lion brought with it some changes and many of the components you've picked are end of life or not entirely supported under ML.

I dont plan to go any higher than Lion, as with all these things, once you know something works why bother jeopardizing the health of the system... Ive been on Snow Leopard here on my MBP for around 4 years now, still on 10.6!

I dont plan to go any higher than Lion, as with all these things, once you know something works why bother jeopardizing the health of the system... Ive been on Snow Leopard here on my MBP for around 4 years now, still on 10.6!

Seriously, stop being a scaredy cat. OSes are being updated for a reason and you're missing out on a lot of important fixes, least not in terms of security updates.
If you're paranoid, wait a few weeks, but being stuck using an out-of-date OS makes no sense at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back