Z170 Gigabyte
CPU
I7
Graphics
Nvidea
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello Everybody,

am very frustrated with my Apple stuff and a new IMAC I7 is too expensive. My IMAC 27 Mid 2012 has a panel problem and is on speed limit. I already changed to SSD Samsung. The machine is too heavy to carry around.

I use the machine for music making and I want to replace the IMAC 27 by a self configured machine. First of all I have the question:

1. Can I migrate the IMAC 27 with a time machine backup, after I have installed on my new machine?
2. Is it possible to use my self configured windows machine and insert a third SSD and install High Sierra on it?
Configuration :
Gigabyte GA-Z170-Gaming K3-EU Intel Z170 ,
Intel Core i7 6700 4x 3.40GHz So.1151 BOX,
64GB (4x 16384MB) G.Skill RipJaws V schwarz DDR4-3200 DIMM CL15-15-15-35 Quad Kit
2 mal Samsung SSD 850er EVO 500 GB
No Graphics Card, No extra audio card
If yes, which Graphics card can I use (no gamer) and which good Audi card ?

If not, can somebody give me a setup for a smaller case ITX, with similiar CPU, RAM? For me it be priority to have an easier way of installation. For music I need CPU speed and a lot USB ports..... :). The machine should be smaller and not so heavy but powerfull :) I need it on stage.

After it works I surely will make a report and share my experience...

Thanks already for reading....

Frank

try it !
What kind of audio interface do you use with your iMac ? non ?
Regarding:
* ITX, keep in mind if you craete a small system it might have some issues with heat and therefore it gets loud.
* Graphicscard, depends on what you liek to use. In experience with no Graka, the CPU consumption goes higher.

Hi Tabarus,

no audio card.

Graphics Card just normal for working and minimum 27 '' Screen. I would like to use touch screen, but it will make it more complicated.

Which audio card will work with a MAC .. ?

Which graphic Card will definetly work?

ITX
Ok, I understand, I will look for the smallest ATX I can get. I don´t know if there is something for gamers who go to competition....

Do you have an idea portable ATX ?

Using Backup of existing IMAC is this possible to use, even if Hardware is different?

Thanks already for your comments.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back